This Week in Entertainment
Sunday, April 21
- Lakes Area Community Concert Band: 4 p.m., Historic Holmes Theatre, 826 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. Spring concert by some of the lakes area’s best musicians. Free will donations accepted. Info: 218-847-6174.
- Hawley Art Show & Sale: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Community Center, Hawley. The 46th annual show will feature many pieces available for purchase. Free admission. Info: 218-483-3296.
- Red River Valley International Wood Arts Festival: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Doublewood Inn, 3333 13th Ave. S., Fargo. Classes, exhibits and vendors; admission is $3 for adults and free for those age 11 and younger. Info: 218-232-8718.
- “Gypsy, the Musical”: 2 p.m., Stage at Island Park, 333 4th St. S., Fargo. In the ultimate story about an aggressive stage mother, join Rose, June and Louise on their trip across the United States during the 1920s when vaudeville was dying and burlesque was born. Ticket range is $6-$16. Info: 701-235-6778.
- “The Transdimensional Couriers Union”: 2 p.m., Walsh Studio Theater, North Dakota State University, Fargo. When a visit from her future self sends Sophie on a journey to the ends of reality, she must choose whether to repair her relationship or time itself in this science-fiction adventure of love, technology and betrayal. Tickets are $5-$15. Info: 701-231-7969.
- Exhibition Closing & Earth Day Celebration: 1 to 4 p.m., Rourke Art Gallery, 523 4th St. S., Moorhead. “Art from Earth from Above” artists will discuss techniques used to create their pieces. Register for Earth Day prizes. Info: 218-236-8861.
- “Dark”: 2 p.m., Planetarium, Minnesota State University, Moorhead. A full dome movie that explains and explores the nature of dark matter, the missing 80 percent of the mass of the universe. Admission is $5 for adults, or $2.50 for children 12 and younger, seniors and Tri-College students. Info: 218-477-2920.
- Antique Show & Sale: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Ag Building, Red River Valley Fairgrounds, West Fargo. Show features pottery, jewelry, furniture, collectibles, Western Americana, depression and elegant glass. Admission $2.
Monday, April 22
- Vocal Jazz & Jazz Ensemble Concert: 7:30 p.m., Memorial Auditorium, Concordia College, Moorhead. Free and open to the public. Info: 218-299-4366.
- Open Jam Night: 9 p.m., Pickled Parrot, 505 3rd Ave. N., Fargo. Hosted by members of The Roosters, 8th Hour, Carmen the Cactus and October Road. Info: 701-356-5227.
- “Dark”: 7 p.m., Planetarium, Minnesota State University, Moorhead. See today’s (Sunday) listing for details.
Tuesday, April 23
- Symphonia Orchestra Spring Concert: 7:30 p.m., Knutson Center Centrum, Concordia College, Moorhead. Free and open to the public. Info: 218-299-4366.
- Square Dancing: 6:30 p.m., Cash Wise Community Room, 1401 33rd St. S., Fargo. Roger McNeil and Jim Lizakowski, callers, Bernadette McNeil, cuer; hosted by L & M Squares. Dine and dance starts at 5:30 p.m.
- Chocolate Chill: 4 to 6 p.m., Washington Square Mall, Detroit Lakes. Chocolate Vendors in the halls of the Washington Square Mall, live music, door prizes and more. Tickets are $5. Info: 218-847-9202.
Wednesday, April 24
- Chingy & Big Reno: 8 p.m., Big D’s Bar & Grill, 1515 42nd St. S., Fargo. Hip hop music; tickets $15 in advance, $20 day of show. Info: 701-241-4386.
- “Mother Courage & Her Children”: 7:30 p.m., Gaede Stage, Minnesota State University, Moorhead. Black comedy follows a peasant woman as she sells, steals and haggles her way across the battlefield of pre Modern Europe. Ticket range is $10-$20. Info: 218-477-2271.
- Ballroom Dancing: 7 to 9 p.m., VFW, 308 Sheyenne St., West Fargo. A 30-minute waltz lesson followed by open dancing and pizza. Admission is $5 for members, $10 for nonmembers. Info: 701-293-8306.
- Western Wednesday: 7:30 to 10 p.m., VFW, 308 Sheyenne St., West Fargo. Social dance class featuring the Texas two-step and swing; beginners welcome, no partner needed. Admission is $5 per person. Info: 218-329-1735.
- FABO Fashion Show: 12 p.m., Memorial Union Ballroom, North Dakota State University, Fargo. Sponsored by the Fashion and Apparel Business Organization at North Dakota State University, proceeds benefit Dress for Success. Free will donations will be accepted.