13 injured in chemical leak near Moorhead
Thirteen people were treated and released for injuries after anhydrous ammonia leaked Sunday night from a tank that was being pulled by a farmer about half a mile east of the Red River on 60th Avenue, south of Moorhead.
Most of the injured - nine adults and three children - were treated at MeritCare Hospital in Fargo, hospital spokeswoman Carrie Haug said.
"The main symptoms were burning in the chest, watery and burning in the eyes and shortness of breath," Haug said Monday.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at email@example.com and we can help you.