Bemidji tops Lakers
The Bemidji boys’ tennis team left Detroit Lakes Tuesday with a 6-1 victory.
The Lakers lone win came in third singles action, as Chandler Hanks won by the set score of 6-3, 6-1.
The doubles team of Jon Richards and Michael Herrmann lost a close one, losing the tiebreak 10-6.
The Lakers will host a triangular with Park Rapids and Crookston Thursday, starting at 1 p.m. They will be in the St. Cloud Apollo tournament Saturday, beginning at 9 a.m.
Bemidji at Detroit Lakes, Tuesday, April 22
Lumberjacks 6, Lakers 1
- Alex Fondrick vs Hokanson L 2-6,1-6
- Caleb Howard vs Holter L 1-6,1-6
- Chandler Hanks vs Trever W 6-3,6-1
- Austin Nelson vs Howard L 3-6,3-6
- Eggebraaten/Friesen vs Pankow/Heifort L 1-6,3-6
- Bremseth/Crawford vs Atteberry/White L 0-6,3-6
- Richards/Herrmann vs Copiskey/Konecne L 1-6,7-6, tie breaker 6-10
Exb. Knopf/ McDermond vs Schultz/Sorenson L 1-6,2-6