Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Blast burns Ulen man working on septic line

Email

ULEN, Minn. – A 33-year-old Ulen man suffered burns in an explosion while working on a septic line here Thursday, Clay County Sheriff Bill Bergquist said.

Advertisement

Christopher Botzet was using a propane heater to try to thaw out the frozen septic line, Bergquist said.

When the heater quit, Botzet went to restart it and a buildup of propane gas ignited, creating a quick flashover that left Botzet with burns to his face, hands and abdomen, Bergquist said.

Botzet drove himself to the Ulen clinic and was transferred by ambulance to Essentia Health in Fargo, where he was treated for his burns and released, Bergquist said.

Advertisement
Forum News Service
The Forum Communications News Service is the premier news wire service covering the Upper Midwest, stretching from the oilfields of western North Dakota to the plains of South Dakota and to the shores of eastern Minnesota. For more information about the services we offer or to discuss content subscriptions, please contact us.
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness