Blast burns Ulen man working on septic line
ULEN, Minn. – A 33-year-old Ulen man suffered burns in an explosion while working on a septic line here Thursday, Clay County Sheriff Bill Bergquist said.
Christopher Botzet was using a propane heater to try to thaw out the frozen septic line, Bergquist said.
When the heater quit, Botzet went to restart it and a buildup of propane gas ignited, creating a quick flashover that left Botzet with burns to his face, hands and abdomen, Bergquist said.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.