Carbon monoxide detector law kicks in
Smell that? Probably not.
Carbon monoxide is a deadly poison gas in the air. As of Jan. 1, new single-family homes in Minnesota are being required to have carbon monoxide detectors installed.
According to the American Lung Association, exposure to a low dose of carbon monoxide can be just as harmful as a high dose in a short period of time.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is caused when carbon-burning appliances fail. The failure can be ventilation or maintenance.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.