Class of 1973 reunion this weekend
The Detroit Lakes High School Class of 1973 Reunion is this weekend.
Classmate Scott Abrahamson says locals don’t go to reunions. It’s human nature. When you ask why on Google, you find thousands of articles trying to work it out.
“Most of us who grew up in Minnesota and moved away left a part of our hearts here. When we tell people that we’re from Minnesota, they usually know someone from here who is ‘really nice.’ Big surprise,” he said.
If you live in the area, please come and feel the magic, he added.
A guy wrote about his 50th reunion and said there are lessons to learn when considering a class reunion:
- Old friendships are pure gold.
- People are precious.
- Life is short.
- There’s a lot to be said for stability.
- The high school you is not the real you.
- To your class, you’ll always look like you did a half-century ago.
- By now, you are beyond showing off. You no longer have anything to prove.
- The peer pressure is gone now. You can be yourself.
- These class members are pretty special people, and were then, too.
- It’s never too late to repair a relationship, to ask for forgiveness, or to thank someone.
The 1973 class reunion is Saturday, July 27, at 5:30 p.m. in the American Legion Club. There will also be a gathering Friday night at Zorbaz.