COLA on protecting lakes, house values
Becker County Coalition of Lake Associations 2008 annual conference is now a two-day event, being held Thursday, Aug. 14, from 6 to 9 p.m. and Friday, Aug. 15, from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in MSCTC, DL.
The conference theme will be "Protecting Our Lakes and Property Values" and will include an Aquatic Invasive Species educational seminar presented by Becker County COLA and The Becker County Master Gardeners.
The speakers scheduled for this two-day event are:
- George Maher, president, Becker County COLA,
- D Mae Cyres, president, Becker County Master Gardeners
- Connie Isermann, Watercraft Inspection Program, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Doug Jensen, Aquatic Invasive Species Coordinator, Minnesota SeaGrant Program
- Moriya Rufer, program coordinator, RMB Environmental Laboratories
- Karen Terry, Regional Extension educator, University of Minnesota Extension Service
The AIS Seminar registration and a fee of $12 is required for the Friday, Aug. 15, seminar to cover lunch. Registration forms are available to download from the Becker County COLA Web site beckercola.org and will be available at the COLA meeting on Thursday, Aug. 14.
All events are open to the public.