Coming up: Luminate the Lakes, Caravan du Nord in DL
Wednesday, Nov. 13
- William Kent Krueger: 7 p.m., Lake Agassiz Public Library, 1000 Washington Ave., Detroit Lakes. Book signing and reception with the award-winning Minnesota author. Info: 218-847-2168.
Thursday, Nov. 14
- Holiday Show with Rick Kratzke: 4 to 7 p.m., Seven Sisters Spirits, 25275 S. Melissa Drive, Detroit Lakes. Holiday showcase will feature live music from Rick Kratzke along with 12 different vendors sampling wine and liquor varieties for the holiday season. Info: 218-846-8463.
- Middle School Band Concert: 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., George Simson Auditorium, Detroit Lakes Middle School. Info: 218-847-9228.
- Brian Regan: 7 p.m., Civic Memorial Auditorium, 207 4th St. N., Fargo. Reserved seating tickets are $39.75.
- Luminate the Lakes: 5 to 7 p.m., downtown Detroit Lakes. Book signing and storytelling with local author Jackie Jenson at the DL Library at 5:30 p.m., with hot cider and treats served at the library from 5 to 7 p.m.; extended shopping hours, and free sleigh rides starting at the west entrance of Washington Square Mall. Info: 218-847-9202 or www.visitdetroitlakes.com.
- Library Centennial Celebration: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Lake Agassiz Public Library, 1000 Washington Ave., Detroit Lakes. Children’s storytime at 10 a.m., tours, displays and refreshments throughout the day. Info: 218-847-2168.
Friday, November 15
- Caravan du Nord: 7 p.m., Historic Holmes Theatre, 826 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. Presented by the Minnesota Music Coalition, featuring performances by The Pines, Van Stee and Cecelia Erholtz; tickets are $10 adults, $5 students. Info: 218-844-7469.
- Women, Wine & Wishes: 4 to 7 p.m., Price’s Fine Jewelry, 805 Washington Ave., Detroit Lakes. Ladies only event with in-store specials, prizes, refreshments, hors d’oeuvres and more. Info: 281-847-5309.
Saturday, Nov. 16
- Dance Party with “The Castaway” Dennis Craswell: 7 to 10 p.m., Holmes Theatre Ballroom, 826 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. Live music with the “one man band” known as The Castaway, aka Dennis Craswell, blending country, 50s and 60s pop/rock and more. Admission $10. Info: 218-844-7469.
- Pet Photos with Santa: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Becker Pet & Garden, 1008 Washington Ave., Detroit Lakes. Time to start gearing up for those Christmas cards! Why not have your furry family member’s photo taken by a professional and get a head start on those cards. Bring your pets and family to have a beautiful Christmas photo taken. Proceeds benefit Humane Society of the Lakes. Info: 218-847-8265.
- Artist Workshop with Elisa Korenne: 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Cultural Center, 24 Main Ave. N., New York Mills. New York Mills-based singer-songwriter Elisa Korenne will present a free arts and business workshop to teach marketing, social media skills, and creativity. Info: 218-385-3339.
- Women, Wine & Wishes: 2 to 5:30 p.m., Price’s Fine Jewelry, 805 Washington Ave., Detroit Lakes. See Friday’s listing for details.
- Artists on the Avenue: 7 to 9 p.m., The Nines, 910 Washington Ave., Detroit Lakes. Local artists will be selling their artwork, handmade jewelry, genuine leather handbags and more. This a great way for people to find unique Christmas presents! Wine and beer tasting and appetizers catered by La Barista, along with live music! Info: 218-844-8019.
- An Evening with the Easy Gourmet: 6 to 9 p.m., Best Western Premier Lodge on the Lake, 1200 East Shore Drive, Detroit Lakes. Wine tasting & cooking event. A modern flair on a traditional holiday meal and choosing the perfect wine for the holidays. Admission $35. Info: 218-847-8439.
Sunday, Nov. 17
- Pretty Lights: 8 p.m., Venue at the Hub, 2525 9th Ave. S., Fargo. General admission, all-ages show. Tickets are $31.50 in advance, $34 day of show. Info: 866-300-8300.
*** The Entertainment Calendar appears weekly in the Detroit Lakes Tribune. Submissions, questions and corrections (labeled “Entertainment Calendar”) may be sent by fax, 218-847-9409, by mail to Detroit Lakes Newspapers, 511 Washington Ave., P.O. Box 826, Detroit Lakes, MN 56502, or by e-mail to Vicki Gerdes at email@example.com.