Crime & Accident Report
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Tuesday, Nov. 26
- At 7:27 a.m. a one-vehicle rollover was reported on Highway 87 about 3 miles east of Frazee. The State Patrol handled the accident.
- At 7:55 a.m. a burglary was reported in Pine Point. The front door was kicked in to gain entry.
Wednesday, Nov. 27
- At 9:56 a.m. the theft of about $500 in coins was reported from the office of Zayac Concrete on Highway 34.
- At 2 p.m. a truck delivering a load of firewood to a home in Becker County hit power lines and snapped them. There were no injuries.
- At 8:16 p.m. a stolen vehicle was recovered during a stop on Highway 59 south of Callaway. The vehicle had not yet been reported stolen.
Friday, Nov. 29
- At 4:18 p.m. a residential burglary was reported on the 700 block of Highway 34 East. Numerous items were taken.
- At 7:17 p.m. the theft of a wallet was reported on the 100 block of Maple in Frazee.
Saturday, Nov. 30
- At 6:21 a.m. a man reported his wallet had been stolen the night before while he was asleep at a residence on the 400 block of Morrow Avenue.
- At 9:09 a.m. a mailbox was reported smashed and pulled off its pole in rural Detroit Lakes.
- At 11:54 p.m. an ice auger was reported stolen from a truck in the Burger King parking lot.
Sunday, Dec. 1
- At 7:03 p.m. a motor vehicle break-in was reported on Menard Drive.
- At 3:25 p.m. a burglary was reported on the 2000 block of Second Street in Lake Park.
- At 8:41 p.m. a theft was reported at Curry Avenue and Elm Street.
Monday, Dec. 2
- At 6:59 a.m. the theft of three hand-stitched quilts from a vehicle in White Earth was reported. There is a suspect.
- At 7:09 a.m. minor injuries were reported in a car-deer collision on County Road 21 north of White Earth. Injured was Matthew Joseph Splonskowski, 40, of rural Callaway. The 2002 GMC Sierra 1500 he was driving sustained major damage after he went into a ditch and hit a tree after trying to avoid hitting a deer in the roadway, according to the Becker County Sheriff’s Office. He was taken to Essentia St. Mary’s Hospital for treatment.
- At 10:09 a.m. the theft of jewelry was reported by a guest at Country Inn & Suites. Taken from a suitcase was a ring, two necklaces and a pair of earrings.
Wednesday, Dec. 4
- At 6:38 p.m. a car fire was reported on the 1100 block of West River Road in Detroit Lakes.
Thursday, Dec. 5
- At 5:41 a.m. a semi truck lost a trailer on West Willow Street.
- At 11:09 a.m. the theft of a Browning Buckmark .22 caliber pistol in a black case was reported on the 56000 block of 170th Street, Detroit Lakes.
- At 4:43 p.m. the theft of money, computer and a .44 caliber single-shot shotgun was reported on the 11000 block of Lake Eunice Road.
Friday, Dec. 6
- At 5:49 p.m. the theft of a deposit containing nearly $1,000 in cash and checks was reported by a business on Highway 10 East. It occurred on Dec. 1.
- At 8:49 a.m. a stove fire was reported on Waboose Drive. A resident took care of the problem.
- At 8:07 p.m. Frazee firefighters provided mutual aid to a fire on Wimer Road in Otter Tail County.
Saturday, Dec. 7
- At 2:52 p.m. Detroit Lakes firefighters responded to a chimney fire in Lakeview Township. They were on the scene about 30 minutes.
- At 6:32 p.m. Frazee firefighters responded to a field fire at County roads 29 and 134. They were on the scene for over an hour.
Sunday, Dec. 8
- At 6:11 a.m. a vehicle fire was reported at Riverview mobile home park.
- At 1:21 p.m. the theft of a 1997 Chevy Blazer was reported. The owner knows the person that took it.
- At 6:03 p.m. a chimney fire was reported on Washington Avenue in Detroit Lakes.
Monday, Dec. 9
- At 4:14 p.m. a three-wheeler ATV was found abandoned in a farm field near Audubon.
Tuesday, Dec. 10
- At 1:41 a.m. a dirt bike was found abandoned in the snow near Casey’s General Store.
Follow us on Twitter @DLNewspapers