Crime & Accident Report
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Monday, Jan. 27
- At 10:58 p.m. a Detroit Lakes woman called to report that her boyfriend was hitting her and the baby.
Tuesday, Jan. 28
- At 5:04 a.m. the theft of a red 2000 Monte Carlo was reported on the 25000 block of Brandy Lake Estates.
Wednesday, Jan. 29
- At 11:09 a.m. a burglary was reported on the 20600 block of County Road 32 in Erie Township. Taken were two tackle boxes and life jackets.
- At 5:27 p.m. a garage burglary was reported on the 25200 block of Brandy Lake Boulevard while the owners were at work.
Thursday, Jan. 30
- At 8:03 a.m. a resident on the 300 block of Oak Street reported finding two sets of golf clubs behind a house near the alley.
- At 11:05 a.m. a resident on the 200 block of Oak Street reported the theft of two and a half sets of golf clubs from her motor vehicle.
Friday, Jan. 31
- At 12:58 a.m. a woman on the 1100 block of Rossman Avenue reported a man had just kicked in her door and was standing inside holding an 8-month-old child.
- At 4:14 p.m. the theft of a red 1994 Grand Prix with North Dakota plates was reported at the Peoples Park ice rink. It had been left there for a few days because the transmission went out.
- At 5:12 p.m. a rural Park Rapids man was injured when his arm was caught in a pulley while using a well-drilling rig. Andrew William Carmichael, 24 was transported to Essentia St. Mary’s in Detroit Lakes and then transferred to a Fargo hospital with multiple arm fractures. The accident occurred at 320th Avenue north of Highway 34.
Saturday, Feb. 1
- At 10:21 a.m. the theft of two older-model snowmobiles was reported in Osage.
Sunday, Feb. 2
- At 6:35 a.m. a burglary of outbuildings and rummaging through vehicles was reported 56000 block of Grant Street in Osage. Horse tools and a tack bag were taken.
- A mobile home fire was reported near Osage. Carsonville firefighters were on the scene for about 6 hours.
- At 2:08 p.m. the theft of an iPad was reported from a locker room at the Detroit Lakes Community Center.
Monday, Feb. 3
- At 3:07 a.m. a structure fire was reported in Green Valley Township on the 17000 block of County Road 47. Carsonville and Wolf Lake firefighters were there for about 90 minutes.
- At 8:21 a.m. the theft of a 50-inch TV set was reported, along with a Smith & Wesson Model 410 .40 caliber pistol and jewelry, on the 53000 block of Grant Street.
- At 3:09 p.m. the theft of a 42-inch Samyo TV set was reported on the 22000 block of County Road 12 in Hamden Township.
- At 8:24 a.m. a church burglary was reported in Pine Point Township. The electricity had been turned off and the gas turned on. Carsonville firefighters handled the situation.
- At 8:27 p.m. a burglary was reported on the 53000 block of Grant Street. A door was broken open to gain access, and cars parked there were rummaged through.
- At 2:34 p.m. a resident on the 300 block of East Main reported that a lower-level neighbor apparently shot up through the floor and caused damage. The incident is under investigation.