Crime & Accident Report
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Friday, June 20
- At 1:58 p.m. sheriff’s deputies were called to the Pine Point area where a male had reportedly busted out the windshield of a Dodge Neon car.
- At 4:36 p.m. there was a car accident on County Highway 34 two miles east of White Earth, where the female driver sustained minor injuries.
Saturday, June 21
- At 12:26 a.m. Detroit Lakes Police responded to a report of a stolen trailer from a residence on Pelican River Road. It was reportedly stolen sometime that day.
- At 4:52 p.m., a Detroit Lakes resident on the 700 block of South Shore Drive left his garage open when leaving the house. He came home to find 10 to 12 fishing rods had been stolen.
- At 5:46 p.m. a customer at Menards in Detroit Lakes accidently left his credit card at the register after paying. As he got to his vehicle, he realized his mistake and went back in. He was told him the customer behind him picked up the card.
- At 6:32 p.m. police were called to Cormorant township where a resident along County Highway 5 reported a stolen paddle boat that had been taken sometime within the previous two weeks.
- At 7:57 p.m. a vehicle in the Zorbaz parking lot was hit. A witness told police it was a blue minivan that struck the vehicle, then took off.
Sunday June 22
- At 6:17 a.m. police were called to South Dinner Lake Loop in Savanna Township for a reported burglary. 10 sheets of sheetrock, a craftsman edger/trimmer, pots pans and silverware were taken from the residence.
- At 7:45 a.m. officers were called to the 700 block of West Lake Drive for a report of property/damage vandalism. A resident there told police that he had yelled at a couple of teenage boys the evening before for being on his dock, only to wake up that morning to find feces smeared on his boat.
- At 11:55 a.m. officers responded to a report of a hit and run at People’s Park. A note was found on the vehicle that had been struck stating that the vehicle that hit them was a red Jeep Grand Cherokee. The hit happened sometime between 10 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. the day before.
- At 1:05 p.m. there was another hit and run on Willow Street and Rossman Avenue. A larger, young male was seen leaving the scene.
- At 9:09 p.m. police were called to the pavilion area in Detroit Lakes for a theft. A garbage bag full of sand toys, three life jackets, three swim suits, t-shirts and beach towels was taken.
Monday, June 23
- At 10:04 p.m. officers were called to unoccupied residence in Detroit Lakes for reports of property damage/vandalism. The neighbor of the building reported the windows had been smashed out and the owner was living in Fargo.
Tuesday, June 24
- At 8:22 officers were called to the Holiday Inn landing where a 2012 Honda generator had been stolen sometime after 8 p.m. the evening prior.
- At 10:04 a.m. officers responded to Snappy Park where damage was done to the girls’ softball building. A window had been broken and pop and 12 softballs stolen.
- At 2:18 p.m. officers responded to another burglary along McKinley Avenue for another house that was broken into. It is unknown if anything was taken.
Wednesday, June 25
- At 10:24 a.m. Becker County Sheriff’s deputies responded to reports of a theft on the three hundred block of Eagle Street in Audubon where a small pickup had been stolen from a residence. It was later located on Jacobs Road on the White Earth Reservation burned up.
Thursday, June 26
- At 8:22 a.m. Detroit Lakes Police responded to a burglary at a residence along East Main Street where a house was broken into. It is unknown what, if anything was taken.
- At 4:28 p.m. officers responded to a burglary in Savanna Township where a shed had been broken into. Four cans of gasoline had been emptied.