Crime & Accident Report
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Friday, June 27
- At 7:35 p.m. Sheriff’s deputies were called to West Lake Sallie Drive and East Fox Lake Lane for a report of damage done to a wheat field. According to the complaint, somebody driving a Polaris Ranger ATV was ripping around the field when it broke down on the property. The driver left the property but was later contacted.
- At 12:45 p.m. a theft from a vehicle was reported at the Detroit Lakes Community and Cultural Center parking lot. A purse was reportedly taken from woman’s vehicle that was using the center.
Saturday, June 28
- At 10:49 pm. officers responded a report of a theft on the 800 block of Summit Avenue where tools were stolen from a pickup.
Sunday, June 29
- At 1:08 p.m. officers were called to a theft at a storage unit behind the Richwood Store. The lock had been cut and several items were reported missing. The break-in is believed to have happened sometime in the past month.
- At 8:33 p.m. officers were called to a residence along highways 6 and 59 where campaign signs were reported stolen from a yard.
- At 2:42 p.m. an accident was reported on West Lake Drive where a porta potty had tipped over, falling on a truck and scratching it.
- At 10:25 p.m. there was a property damage report filed on an incident that happened near Zorbaz where somebody was seen walking around keying cars.
Monday, June 30
- At 10:27 p.m. sheriff’s deputies and DNR officers responded to Middle Cormorant Lake where a child was bitten by a bat.
- At 2:04 p.m. a theft of fishing tackle and lures was reported at a Richwood Township residence.
Tuesday, July 1
- At 11:02, officers responded to a burglary at the 1,000 block of Rossman Avenue where the complainant had two guitars stolen from his garage.
- At 3:07 p.m. officers were called to a substation in the city of Audubon where there was damage done to a fence. Ground wires were cut and stolen.
- At 5:30 a.m. officers were called to the City of Frazee for a report of a theft of a motor vehicle. The 1993 green Bonnaville was taken from its location on Lake Street.
- At 3:30 p.m. there was a theft reported from a residence on the 1,000 block of East Highway 10 in Detroit Lakes. Items were missing, including keys, wallet and a bowl full of coins. There was no evidence of a break-in.
Wednesday, July 2
- At 2:53 p.m. a 1970 red tractor was reported stolen from Cuba Township. The theft happened from a residence there likely Tuesday or Wednesday.