Crime & Accident Report
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Friday, July 11
- At 5:57 p.m. Becker County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a report of a burglary from a residence along 470th avenue where there was evidence of forced entry. A motor, a chainsaw and meat from a freezer were missing.
- At 10:24 p.m. there was a fender bender reported at Peoples Park in Detroit Lakes between two vehicles. The driver of one vehicle, a maroon “Lincoln-style car,” told the driver of the second vehicle that they did not have insurance and it wasn’t their vehicle before leaving the scene.
Saturday, July 12
- At 9:13 a.m. a hit and run accident was reported on the 200 block of Main Street East where “a couple” of vehicles were side swiped while they were parked along the road.
- At 11:31 p.m. a call of property damage/vandalism came in from the 800 block of East Central Avenue where a tire to a vehicle was slashed.
Sunday, July 13
- At 1:51 a.m. officers responded to a rollover accident along county roads 13 and 106 in rural Becker County. A woman was able to get out of the vehicle; EMS personnel were on the scene, but there is no word on if she was injured.
- At 1:38 p.m. an ATV accident was reported along Kiehl Road. According to the report, an adult woman and an adult man were giving a seven-year-old child a ride on an ATV when the driver accelerated too fast. The ATV went into the ditch, struck several trees and rolled. Two people were taken to the hospital; no word on whether the child was one of the injured.
- At 6:45 p.m. a report came in from the 100 block of South Lake Street where a window of a vehicle was reportedly broken out.
Monday, July 14
- Officers responded to a theft reported from Eagle Lake Road in Burlington Township. A marine battery and two life jackets were believed to have been stolen sometime between July 6 and 11.
- At 8:37 a.m. there was a report of an attempted break-in at a residence along the 300 block of Eagle Lake Road where somebody reportedly tried to kick in a door; no entry into the house was made.
- At 9:13 a.m. there was a burglary reported at the Pine Point School sheds where the locks had been cut and broken into. It’s unknown if anything is missing.
- At 9:29 a.m. Detroit Lakes Police responded to the 100 block of Richwood Road where an RV had been vandalized with a window smashed.
- At 10:03 a.m. police responded to the Peoples Park warming house on a report of vandalism there. Outlets had reportedly been pulled out of the building walls.
- At 11:10 a.m. a theft was reported along the 2,000 block of Highway 10 where a Honda 2-inch powered water pump and gas can was taken from a storage unit about three weeks ago. A wallet was also found on the ground near the site.
- At 1:05 p.m. a theft was reported from Long Lake Park. Items stolen include a black camo bag, digital camera, house keys, black glasses with case and 10-15 batteries.
- At 1:41 p.m. a vehicle parked at the 600 block of West Lake Drive was vandalized. Tires of the black Ford Expedition were slashed and there was sand in the gas tank.
- At 3:56 p.m. officers responded to a report from Detroit Lakes High School that a lap top was stolen from a lab room.