Crime & Accident Report
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Tuesday, July 15
- At 11:25 officers responded to the Detroit Lakes Library where a person there reported their bike had been stolen from the bike rack outside of the building.
- At 3:23 p.m. authorities were called to Lakes Sports Shop where two men reportedly came in to the store, grabbed 6-10 fishing rods and reels and then ran out the door. The equipment is estimated to be worth between $200 and $300.
- At 3:19 p.m. a theft was reported at an apartment building on the 200 block of Barbara Avenue. The complainant had items stored at the apartment’s storage unit when they reported one rifle and one muzzleloader had been stolen. It’s estimated the guns were worth a total of $350.
Wednesday, July 16
- At 2:27 p.m. a burglary was reported at a residence along the 36000 block of county highway 46. Reported stolen were two paintings; the owner told police they had seen them at another person’s house recently.
- Lake Park Fire Department responded to a ditch fire along County Road 4 and County Road 1 in Cormorant township. It took crews approximately a half hour to put out the fire.
Friday, July 18
- At 1:17 a.m. authorities were called to Central Avenue in Detroit Lakes where two males were reportedly attempting to break into a residence there. There was no entry made.
- At 9 a.m. a theft of a moped was reported from a residence along the 1000 block of North Shore Drive.
- At 12:58 p.m. officers responded to a report of a theft on the 300 block of West North Street where a garage sale was being held. A person reportedly grabbed the resident’s cash box for the garage sale and took off in a white minivan heading eastbound on Highway 34.
- At 11:07 p.m. a fire at a mobile home on the White Earth Reservation was reported. The fire was at Pine Point Old Projects. Nobody was at the house at the time. Carsonville Fire & Rescue and Wolf Lake fire crews responded to the scene. The home was a total loss.
- At 8:50 p.m. a theft was reported from a residence at Eagan Acres Road where a weed eater was stolen.
Saturday, July 19
- At 9:17 a.m. authorities responded to a report of property damage along the 31000 block of Highway 34 where tires of a vehicle were slashed.
- At 4:47 a.m. officers went to a report of a theft along County Road 25 north of Highway 34 where tools were reported stolen.
- At 4:18 p.m. there was an accident reported north of County Road 122 on County Road 31. The motorcycle versus deer accident led to minor injuries to the driver, who suffered significant abrasions. They were transported via private vehicle to the hospital.
Sunday, July 20
- At 1:57 p.m. officers responded to Zorbaz in Detroit Lakes for a report of a stolen cell phone that had been take the evening before.
- At 3:30 p.m. a theft was reported north of Two Inlets. A 1947 John Deere tractor was reported stolen from a residence there. It was last seen two weeks ago with a battery missing.
Monday, July 21
- At 6:21 a.m. a burglary was reported along the 100 block of West Johnson Street where a door was found ajar and a purse missing.
Tuesday, July 22
- At 2:46 p.m. officers responded to a theft “somewhere in DL” where money, a debit card and pin number was taken from a wallet and was being used.
Wednesday, July 23
- At 11:37 a.m. a theft from a motor vehicle was reported from Pioneer Street in Detroit Lakes where a missing license plate on a 1996 Cavalier had been stolen.
- At 6:11 p.m. officers responded to a report of an assault at the basketball court at Peoples Park. The caller told police he had been playing basketball with some guys he didn’t know when the assault occurred.
Thursday, July 24
- At 12:05 a.m. officers responded to a car on fire on Mountain View Road. Officers were able to get it put out with a fire extinguisher.