Crime & Accident Report
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Friday, July 25
- At 9:18 a.m. police responded to a report of theft at a residence on the 800 block of South Shore Drive in Detroit Lakes, where a statue of a golden retriever was taken off the steps of the house. The incident was believed to have happened sometime the evening before.
- At 9:59 a.m. a fire was reported in a dryer at a residence along the 31000 block of SW Pickerel Lake Road. Detroit Lakes and Frazee fire crews responded to the scene and were able to contain the fire to the dryer.
- At 4:29 p.m. a theft was reported on the 300 block of Park Street. An old, basic red push-mower was stolen from a front lawn sometime between 8 p.m. the night before and 11 a.m. that morning.
- At 6:03 p.m. a resident along the 30000 block of Highway 10, Lot 3 reported that somebody was taking the mail from their mailbox and tearing it up.
- At 6:46 p.m. a theft was reported on the 900 block of Washington Avenue, where a store owner told police somebody had walked into the business, stole a coffee pot and walked out.
- At 8:39 p.m. a bike was reported stolen from the Central Market parking lot. The bike is described as a brown-tan Mongoose BMX bike. It was not locked up.
Saturday, July 26
- At 11:20 a.m. a resident along the 2000 block of Long Bridge Road reported some expensive jewelry missing from the house.
- At 2 p.m. a theft was reported from the 11000 block of Fern Beach Road in Lakeview Township, where the resident there told police her computer had been stolen.
- At 4:56 p.m. a rollover accident was reported along County Road 22, west of County Road 147. Nobody was at the scene when officers arrived. Authorities were able to contact the driver, who told police she had swerved to miss a deer and had no injuries.
Sunday, July 27
- At 12:08 a.m. police responded to a report of a possible assault in the city of Frazee between two males.
- At 6:08 a.m. officers responded to a report of a few parked vehicles that had been struck by another vehicle, causing damage to them. Although the person initially left the scene, authorities say they later called to admit to it.
- At 6:44 p.m. a theft from a vehicle was reported along the 20000 block of Victory Road in Detroit Township. Money and a pair of $200 Oakley sunglasses were reported stolen.
Monday, July 28
- At 9:44 a.m. authorities were called to the Washington Square Mall parking lot where somebody reported a theft from their vehicle. Prescription drugs were reportedly taken.
- At 12:38 p.m. a theft was reported from a residence along the 300 block of 11th avenue in Detroit Lakes. A boy’s green and black bike was reportedly stolen sometime the night before.
- At 3:13 p.m. a car was reported stolen a residence along the 400 block of Minnesota Avenue. The car was a silver, 4-door, 2008 Saturn van.
- At 4:32 p.m. a theft was reported from a residence along the 23,000 block of County Road 106. Tires and rims worth approximately $800 were stolen.