Crime & Accident Report
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Sunday, April 6
- At 2:51 p.m. the theft of items was reported in Richwood. A TV set and bicycle were stolen from a shed, and a child’s ATV was damaged.
- At 3:19 p.m. a lost shotgun was reported. A young man at a residence on Dorff Beach Road in Lake Eunice Township left a shotgun on top of a vehicle and his mother unwittingly drove into town with it, losing it along the way.
Monday, April 7
- At 9:36 a.m. the theft of a 27-inch TV and DVD player from a 1981 Travelcraft camper was reported in Becker County.
- At 10:41 a.m. the theft of a day-old calf was reported in Spruce Grove Township.
- At 12:53 p.m. a change box from a vending machine was recovered and turned in to Becker County authorities.
Saturday, April 12
- At 3:11 p.m. a grass fire was reported near the South Projects in White Earth. Tribal police officers and DNR firefighters were on the scene for about 90 minutes.
- At 3:53 p.m. the theft of rings and other jewelry from a display case was reported at SuLaine’s Antique Mall. The theft occurred sometime in the past week.
Sunday, April 13
- At 1:18 p.m. paintball vandalism was reported on the 12000 block of Fern Beach Road.
- At 2:54 p.m. paintball vandalism was reported on the 12000 block of Abbey Lake Drive.
Monday, April 14
- At 11:42 a.m. the Ogema Fire Department responded to a chimney fire in Maple Grove Township at 38155 County Highway 34. Firefighters extinguished the fire within 15 minutes.
Monday, April 14
- At 10:59 p.m. the White Earth DNR Forestry responded to a large grass fire west of the Old Circle of Life School in White Earth. According to a report with the Becker County Sheriff’s office, the blaze “looked like somebody started it”. It took firefighters two hours to put the fire out.