Crime & Accident Report
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Friday, April 25
- At 7:54 p.m. the Lake Park Fire Department was called out to a grass fire along the railroad tracks east of 120th avenue and county road 102. Crews had the fire out in approximately 15 minutes.
Saturday, April 26
- At 8:23 a.m. the Becker County Sheriff’s Department was called to a report of an accident at 23423 Fern Beach Drive in Detroit Lakes. Justin Lehmann, 25, of rural Detroit Lakes was injured when the vehicle he was driving struck a tree. He was taken to St. Mary’s ER for treatment.
Monday, April 28
- At 12:26 p.m. the Detroit Lakes Police Department responded to the reported theft of a two-snowmobile flatbed trailer on the 1900 block of East Shore Drive in Detroit Lakes. The owner stated that it had last been seen the day before.
Tuesday, April 29
- At 7:14 a.m. the Becker County Sheriff’s Department responded the report of several mail boxes that were damaged and vandalized on South Cotton Lake Road in Erie Township.
- At 6:39 p.m. the Becker County Sheriff’s Department was called to a residence on 5th street in Audubon for reports of somebody shooting a paintball gun, hitting a garage and the resident across the street.
Wednesday, April 30
- At 10:43 a.m. Becker County officers responded to a residence outside of Frazee along Hwy 87 where a resident woke up to find her front door open. A TV had been stolen from the house and two dogs were missing. The dogs were later located.
- At 11:49 a.m. the Detroit Lakes Police responded to a local business that had received a call from somebody claiming to be with the local chamber of commerce, asking pertinent business questions. When contacted, the Detroit Lakes Regional Chamber of Commerce said they were not doing any such survey.
Thursday, May 1
- At 8:11 p.m., a resident on Barbara Avenue in Detroit Lakes reported a phone call they had gotten from somebody claiming to be with a law firm representing Pay Day Loans. The caller attempted to collect payment on a debt they said the resident owed. The resident, who does not have such a loan with Pay Day, reported that the caller threatened him with arrest if he did not pay.
- At 8:16 p.m. a grass fire from a downed power line was reported at 58473 Highway 34. Carsonville Fire and Rescue were on the scene for approximately 40 minutes.
Friday, May 2
- At 7:07 a.m. the Becker County Sheriff’s Department responded to a burglary in the 1900 block of County Road 131 where a garage door was found open and several items were missing, including CD’s, GPS, cell phone charger.