Crime & Accident Report
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Friday, May 16
- At 3:24 p.m. Detroit Lakes police responded to reports of a motorhome that had been broken into and items stolen. The incident happened on the 1300 block of 8th Street south east.
- At 5:22 p.m. the Audubon Fire Department responded to an out-of-control grass fire at 24141 170th Avenue in Hamden Township. Crews from Audubon and Lake Park were on scene for about approximately one hour.
- At 10:05 a.m, a fuel spill was reported at 35679 County Road 150 in Silver Leaf Township. According to reports, elevated tanks holding 600 gallons of fuel collapsed during delivery. The spill was contained and covered with saw dust.
Saturday, May 17
- At 3:09 a.m., authorities were called to the 1000 block of Cambell Avenue, where the windshield of a vehicle was reportedly broken.
- At 5:53 p.m., Becker County officers responded to reports of a theft from a residence along County Road 21 in Detroit Township, where a computer modem and 201-piece tool set was stolen from a shed.
- At 6:19 p.m., Detroit Lakes Police responded to a string of vandalism on the south side of town. Two street lights were broken out of the 1200 block of Summit Avenue, and a tree was taken from Bergen’s Greenhouse and thrown onto a vehicle on the 1100 block of West Avenue. There were also five mailboxes damaged on Linden Lane, two damaged on West Willow and a street sign pushed over on Linden Lane and Campbell.
Sunday, May 18
- At 9:13 a.m., Becker County officers responded to a work shop on 353rd avenue in Silver Leaf Township. The shop had reportedly been broken into and tools taken.
Monday, May 19
- At 7:29 a.m., police responded to a semi-trailer that had come unhooked on Highway 59 and 10. The semi damaged the lift legs; the highway department assisted with lifting the trailer off the road, which took approximately 45 minutes. Nobody was injured.
Wednesday, May 21
- At 9:54 a.m. officers were called to a residence on Hillcrest Road in Detroit Township, where a burglary was reported. According to the report, the only thing missing were some pills.
Friday, May 23
- At 3:03 p.m. a large field fire was reported at 46044 228th street in the Shell Lake area. Fire crews from Wolf Lake, Carsonville Fire & rescue and the DNR were on the scene for approximately three hours.
- At 8:18 a.m. officers were notified of a child on Elbow Lake Drive on White Earth that had been attacked by a pit bull. The dog bit both the child’s legs, breaking the skin and requiring medical treatment. The incident happened on May 21.