Crime & Accident Report
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Friday, May 30
- At 3:13 p.m. a theft was reported at Zorbaz.
- At 4:21 p.m. the theft of an air conditioning unit was reported from a trailer parked in the Essentia St. Mary’s Hospital lot.
- At 5:37 p.m. a pickup truck was reported on fire on South Melissa Drive, just off Highway 59. Detroit Lakes firefighters were on the scene for about 10 minutes.
- At 6:21 p.m. the theft of $200 was reported from a van parked on the 500 block of East Main in Detroit Lakes.
- At 6:30 p.m. a burglary was reported on the 25000 block of 354th Street, in White Earth Township. Taken were a 42-inch Samsung TV set, two PlayStations, jewelry, clothing, and a surveillance monitor.
Saturday, May 31
- At 2:49 a.m. an assault was reported on West Lake Drive. The theft of DeWalt tool bags (with tools marked by red paint) was reported on Frazee Street.
- At 3 p.m. Casey’s General Store in Lake Park sustained damage to a wall when brakes failed on a pickup truck and it hit the eastern side of the building, pushing the bricks in about 10 inches. The 2003 Dodge three-quarter ton flatbed truck was driven by Jacob Robert Knutson, 21, of Lake Park. No injuries were reported.
- At 7:56 p.m. a noise complaint was filed about loud music being played at The Bridge by Longbridge.
- At 10:07 p.m. a complaint was received of loud music at Zorbaz.
Sunday, June 1
- At 6:46 p.m. a burglary was reported on the 200 block of Sunset in Detroit Lakes.
- At 9:20 p.m. the theft of a Stevens .410-gauge single-shot shotgun was reported in Wolf Lake. The owner said the gun was last seen over a month ago.
- At 9:57 p.m. a hazardous material spill was reported when propane spewed from a tank on the 30000 block of County Road 54. The problem was fixed by the homeowner.
Monday, June 2
- At 1:04 p.m. authorities responded to a report of a theft at People’s Park where a tire, rim and ladder were stolen out of the back of a pickup that had been parked there.
- At 4:51 p.m. police were dispatched to Walmart in Detroit Lakes where an employee reported a shoplifting in which somebody stole an Ipad and a Playstation 4. They reportedly grabbed it and ran and was not apprehended at the scene.
Tuesday, June 3
- At 10:12 a.m. a burglary was reported on Little Floyd Lake Road. The resident reported missing a computer, vacuum cleaner and an Internet router.
- At 12:59 p.m. Sheriff’s officers responded to a report of a theft from a motor vehicle on Bear Clan Drive. According to the report, the resident had all the tires stolen off her car over a period of a month. The resident stated she believed four different people had each taken one tire and she knew who they were.
- At 2:20 p.m. a theft was reported from a vehicle that was parked at the Soo Pass Ranch south of Detroit Lakes. A purse was stolen, along with $150 cash and some medications.
Thursday, June 5
- At 4:04 p.m. the Detroit Lakes Fire Department responded to a car fire at Foltz Building in Detroit Lakes.