Crime & Accident Report
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Friday, June 13
- At 1:31 a.m., a structure fire was reported on County Road 129 near Pine Point. Carsonville firefighters were on the scene for 40 minutes.
- At 4:29 a.m., a house that was being remodeled was reported on fire on Migizi Avenue in Pine point. Firefighters were on the scene for 30-40 minutes. Arson is suspected in that case as well as the previous case of a fire in a home being remodeled in the area.
- At 6:39 p.m., a burglary was reported on the 25000 block of Brandy Lake Boulevard; people were seen going through vehicles.
- At 7:16 a.m., a construction trailer was broken into and items stolen in the vicinity of Washington Avenue and Meadow Lane.
- At 11:57 a.m., A possible break-in and damage to property was reported on the 600 block of West Lake Drive.
Saturday, June 14
- At 2:42 a.m., the emergency department at Essentia Health St. Mary’s reported treating a male party for assault injuries.
- At 1:15 p.m., ongoing vandalism problems were reported at a residence on the 1200 block of Richard Avenue. Two weeks ago car tires were slashed there, and the previous night the house was hit with eggs and a dead crow was left hanging in a tree.
- At 3:36 p.m., two people were injured when their motorcycle hit a deer on 540th Avenue in Green Valley Township. Glenn Woodbridge, 46, and a passenger, Juliann Mason, 52, both of Coon rapids, were taken by Tri-County Ambulance to the Park Rapids hospital. A condition report was not available.
- At 5:28 p.m., the overnight theft of tools was reported from a trailer parked on the 1900 block of Bridgeview Boulevard.
- At 8:23 p.m., resident of a house on the 400 block of Minnesota Avenue reported a skunk in the basement. Animal control workers with the DL Public Works Department handled the call.
Sunday, June 15
- At 1:26 a.m., an assault was reported on the 500 block of Washington Avenue. The person said they were “jumped by someone,” but didn’t know the attacker.
- At 3:12 a.m., a man who lives on County Road 17 in Lakeview Township said he came home to find someone burglarizing his home. The burglar drove off in a vehicle. It was not clear whether anything had been stolen.
- At 7:07 a.m., a man reported his wife had thrown a chair through the window during a domestic dispute on the 200 block of Eagle Street in Audubon.
- At 7:33 a.m., city workers were informed that construction signs at the Highway 59 and Willow Street roundabout site had been moved to create a single lane causing vehicles to meet head-on. The signs have been moved to create other problems on several previous occasions.
- At 9:56 a.m., the theft of a 35 horsepower Johnson outboard motor was reported, taken from a boat on the 20000 block of County Road 21 in Detroit Township.
- At 4:44 p.m., the theft of roofing shingles was reported on the 100 block of Second Avenue in Callaway.
Monday, June 16
- At 8:56 a.m., Becker County officers responded to a burglary at a residence along County Road 126 in Height of Land Township. Reportedly stolen was a Coleman air compressor and large Craftsman tool set.
Tuesday, June 17
- At 12:44 p.m., officers responded to a report of a theft from Silver Birch apartments, which had reportedly happened sometime the previous evening. A TV and DVD player was taken.
- At 12:37 p.m., Detroit Lakes police were called to Swanson’s Repair & Rental where three trailers being stored there were reportedly stolen.
- At 8:30 p.m., Sheriff’s deputies were called to a residence along County Road 47 for a theft and vandalism. The report shows a Honda 350 ATV stolen, a bobcat moved and manure spread all over.
Wednesday, June 18
- At 11:28 a.m., Sheriff’s deputies were called to Erickson Circle in Burlington Township for a reported burglary. $150 in change was missing from the residence.
- At 2:16 p.m., Detroit Lakes Police responded to reports of a burglary at Security Storage on Jackson Avenue where a unit had been broken into. Several items were reportedly stolen.
- At 6:58 p.m., Sheriff’s deputies were called to East Munson Road where a lake cabin was reportedly broken into. Beer cans and other items had been thrown about the property and there was evidence of a bonfire.
Thursday, June 19
- At 12:18 p.m., a burglary was reported at a storage unit along Highway 10 East. Several miscellaneous items were taken.
- At 7:03 p.m., the Lake Park Fire Department responded to a car on fire at the lake access of Lake Ida. Flames were reported shooting out the window; it took fire crews approximately 20 minutes to extinguish the flames.