Crime & Accidents
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Friday, Sept. 13
• At 12:36 p.m. a two-vehicle accident at Davis Avenue and Central Street in Detroit Lakes sent one woman to the hospital with head pain.
Kim Marie Samuelson, 57, of Detroit Lakes was taken to Essentia St. Mary’s by St. Mary’s Ambulance.
She was northbound on Davis Avenue in a tan 1998 Chevy Venture, failed to yield the right of way, and collided with a 2003 Ford Windstar that was eastbound on Central Street.
The Ford was driven by Donna Kay Wahlstrom, 50, of Detroit Lakes, who was not seriously injured.
• At 1:20 p.m. Frazee elementary school reported abuse that occurred at a child’s home.
• At 2:46 p.m. the theft of money was reported in Richwood Township.
• At 4:40 p.m. police received a report that one person pulled out two knives during an altercation among young people in the Sunridge Apartments parking lot.
• At 4:46 p.m. a home burglary was reported on the 100 block of Oak Grove Avenue.
• At 4:51 p.m. a burglary was reported on the 2200 block of County Road 144 in Audubon Township. Taken from the garage were a generator and several power tools. A crowbar was used to pry open a basement door and steal a flat screen TV set. Nobody was home at the time.
Saturday, Sept. 14
• At 2:10 a.m. a man was arrested on a warrant and a woman was cited by police after an assault at the Holiday Inn.
• At 9:40 a.m. the theft of a Mongoose BMX bike was reported on the 900 block of West Lake Drive. An adult mountain bike was left in its place.
• At 2:37 p.m. the theft of a blue Fuji mountain bike was reported in Detroit Lakes. It was taken from the porch of a house on the 1500 block of Carol Avenue.
Sunday, Sept. 15
• The sheriff’s office received a half dozen or so reports of mailbox damage and yard damage from homes on County Road 32, County Road 29 and Hubble Pond Road.
• At 12:44 a.m. a break-in was reported in a detached garage at a residence on the 1600 block of Long Bridge Road.
• At 3:06 p.m. a blue money bag containing over $100 was found on the ground on the 31000 block of County Road 10 near Frazee. The owner is believed to work for Pepsi.
• At 6:45 p.m. the theft of tools from a shed was reported in Becker County.
Monday, Sept. 16
• At 8:47 a.m. a resident on the 500 block of West Main Street reported a front window appeared to have been shot out by a pellet gun over the weekend.
• At 2:19 p.m. an assault was reported at Detroit Lakes High School.
• At 4:40 p.m. Lake Park police received a report that a house there had been vandalized with eggs, tomatoes and rocks over the Labor Day weekend.
• At 5:07 p.m. police received a report that someone tried to break into a bus on the 1300 block of Highway 10 West. The back door had pry bar marks and the door wouldn’t lock.
• At 5:42 p.m. a guest cottage break-in was reported on the 1000 block of Shorewood Drive.
• At 6:49 p.m. the theft of golf clubs was reported on the 1500 block of West Lake Drive.
• At 10:09 p.m. deputies responding to a report of a domestic fight at the 59er motel found it was a false alarm. The racket had been caused by “consensual acts of friendship,” which had gotten the same couple kicked out of a friend’s home a few hours earlier.
Tuesday, Sept. 17
• At 1:25 a.m. an assault was reported at Zorbaz. The alleged assailant, a man in his mid-30s, left the scene.
• At 10:59 a.m. a one-vehicle rollover was reported in Osage Township. The driver had left the scene.
• At 12:55 p.m. a White Earth resident reported that a woman had assaulted their babysitter.
• At 3:01 p.m. a Cormorant Township resident reported that six miniature horses were missing.