Crime and Accident Report
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Thursday, Aug. 1
- At 10:48 a.m. a theft was reported at Oatfield Campground at WE Fest.
- At 12:49 p.m. two rugs and a queen sized blanket were reported stolen from a coin laundry on Barbara Avenue.
- At 2:19 p.m. the theft of 75-100 gallons of diesel fuel was reported in Becker County.
- At 2:21 p.m. a storage garage was reported burglarized on West Grant Street.
- At 8:48 p.m. a bicycle accident was reported at Maplelag resort. One person was taken to the hospital by private vehicle.
- At 8:59 p.m. a window was broken and items taken on the 30000 block of Highway 10.
Friday, Aug. 2
- At 4:01 a.m. a portable toilet was set on fire at WE Fest. Detroit Lakes firefighters were on the scene for about 20 minutes.
- At 8:29 a.m. a burglary was reported in north Height of Land Township. Jewelry was taken.
- At 8:52 a.m. a burglary was reported that occurred in April in Evergreen township. Taken were four shotguns, three rifles and a pistol, along with ammunition.
- At 9:47 a.m. a Champion gas generator was reported stolen from Viking Campground
- At 10:08 a.m. child maltreatment was reported on the 600 block of West Avenue.
- At 10:16 a.m. child maltreatment was reported on the 1100 block of Summit Avenue.
- At 12:54 a.m. sexual misconduct was reported at Lake Sallie Campground.
- At 12:57 p.m. a burglary was reported on the 38000 block of Dora Lee Road near White Earth Lake. Taken were a chainsaw and framing nailer.
- At 4:01 a.m. a portable toilet was set on fire at WE Fest.
- At 4:57 p.m. a resident of the Frazee Care Center reported the theft of an engagement-wedding
- At 4:53 p.m. a woman reported the theft of items she had just bought at Walmart, taken from a vehicle parked on the 200 block of Laura Avenue.
- At 5:57 p.m. the theft of a debit card was reported on the 200 block of Cherry Ridge Drive.
- At 7:12 a.m. a broken rear car window was reported at the VIP campgrounds.
- At 7:14 p.m. a domestic fight was reported at Eagle Campground.
- At 7:28 p.m. an assault was reported at Eagle Campground. A man was hit in the face.
- At 8:18 p.m. an ambulance was requested after a woman was assaulted at Hilltop Campground.
- At 8:35 p.m. EMTs assisted a woman with a broken ankle at Hilltop Campground.
- At 10:20 p.m. EMTs assisted a person at WE Fest with a deep laceration and fracture.
- At 11:23 p.m. an assault was reported at Hilltop Campground.
- At 11:29 p.m. a woman reported her sister had possibly been sexually assaulted at Eagle campground.
Saturday, Aug. 3
- At 1:04 a.m. a person at WE Fest’s East Gate reported all four doors of a vehicle had been kicked and dented
- At 2:03 a.m. a theft was reported at Viking Campground.
- At 3:29 a.m. a man called to report that he was being chased by a man he knew, along with the man’s dog and two other men, near the Jackson Avenue apartments.
- At 3:05 p.m. a woman reported that another woman grabbed her purse and ran out of Central Market, losing a shoe in the process.
- At 6:59 a.m. a car was reported vandalized at Oatfield Campground.
- At 8:27 a.m. a broken windshield was reported at Eagle Campground.
- At 8:39 a.m. a domestic fight was reported at Valley Campground.
- At 11:07 a.m. a car window was reported smashed out at Eagle Campground.
- At 12:19 p.m. a burglary was reported on the 40000 block of County Road 126 in north Height of Land Township. An ice auger and money were taken.
- At 2:02 p.m. the theft of cowboy boots was reported at Hilltop Campground.
- At 5:28 p.m. a power pole was on fire on Highway 113 in northern Becker County.
- At 6:51 p.m. a domestic fight was reported on the 100 block of Wisconsin Street in Callaway.
- At 7:23 p.m. a rollover was reported on Blackhawk Road, Big Cormorant. There were no injuries.
- At 8:22 p.m. a fight at Lake Sallie campground resulted in injuries.
- At 10:01 p.m. the theft of a cell phone was reported at Viking Campground.
- At 10:14 p.m. a security guard was assaulted at East Gate.
- At 10:56 p.m. EMTs assisted a 24-year-old man with head injuries at WE Fest.
- At 11 p.m. a sexual assault was reported at WE Fest.
- At 11:12 p.m. an assault was reported at the West Gate. The victim was punched.
- At 11:12 p.m. EMTs responded to a head injury at WE Fest.
Sunday, Aug. 4
- At 1 a.m. a vender in the concert bowl at WE Fest reported the theft of money.
- At 2:04 a.m. EMTs were called to treat a dislocated shoulder at the East Gate.
- At 2:06 a.m. automobile tires were reported slashed on the 400 block of S. Lake in Frazee.
- At 6:05 a.m. a portable toilet was set on fire at Viking campground.
- At 8:35 a.m. the theft from a vehicle of an overnight bag and JCPenney shopping bag were reported by a resident of North Shore Drive.
- At 9:35 a.m. the theft of a cellphone was reported at the concert bowl.
- At 10:53 a.m. a theft from a motor vehicle was reported from the DL arena parking lot.
- At 7:51 p.m. the theft of a wallet, blue backpack, tent and sleeping bag was reported. The wallet was later found, with the contents missing.
- At 6:17 p.m. a woman reported being sexually assaulted Thursday morning at WE Fest.
- At 8:34 p.m. the theft of a Harley Davidson motorcycle jacket was reported in Detroit Township.
- At 8:59 p.m. sexual misconduct was reported in Frazee.
Monday, Aug. 5
- At 12:06 a.m. the theft of a Husqvarna chainsaw was reported on 145th Street in Runeberg Township.
- At 2:54 a.m. a male was reportedly vandalizing vehicles at Peoples Park.
- At 5:23 a.m. a burglary was reported at Team Industries off Richwood Road.
- At 6:51 a.m. Mark’s Electric reported one of its vans had been broken into over the weekend.
- At 8:04 a.m. the theft of a wallet was reported at the Ranch House.
Tuesday, Aug. 6
- At 10:57 a.m. the theft of a .22 caliber Blackhawk rifle was reported stolen in White Earth.
- At 12:02 p.m. a broken driver’s side window was reported over WE Fest.
- At 1:31 p.m. Franklin Outdoor Advertising reported a billboard on County Road 6 and Highway 59 was splattered with paint.
- At 2:25 p.m. an ambulance was called to Cormorant Township to assist a 74-year-old man who had been stung by bees and was losing consciousness.