Crime and Accident Report
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Tuesday, Aug. 6
- At 12:35 a.m. it was reported that a man trying to start a fight flashed a gun in Callaway. A search warrant was issued.
Friday, Aug. 9
- At 1:33 a.m. a disturbance was reported at apartments on the 1000 block of McKinley Avenue. A woman allegedly pulled a large knife on others in the apartment. She later left and went to another apartment. One person was arrested on a warrant and for giving false information to police.
- At 8:57 a.m. alleged child maltreatment was reported on Washington Avenue.
- At 9:49 a.m. the theft of a hay crop was reported on the 2200 block of Martha Road. The harvested crop was determined to be a civil issue.
- At 12:52 p.m. the theft of a Honda generator and Vizio 32-inch TV set was reported from a fish house-turned-camper at Blue Ox Campground. The theft occurred Aug. 3 during WE Fest.
- At 1:24 p.m. a domestic fight was reported in a Detroit Lakes parking lot between a man and a woman.
- At 4:08 p.m. a resident on the 13000 block of East Pearl Lake Road reported that someone had siphoned half a tank of gas from a Chevy Impala parked there overnight. Similar thefts have occurred in the past, she said.
- At 5:37 p.m. the theft of a 2003 Johnson four-stroke 8 horsepower motor was reported by Seaberg Power Sports.
Saturday, Aug. 10
- At 2:38 a.m. a vehicle break-in, with items missing, was reported on the 300 block of Elm Street.
- At 1:26 p.m. a boat fell off a trailer and hit a parked car at Parkview Street and Lyndale Avenue.
- At 6:14 p.m. a woman reported that people were jumping off Long Bridge and interfering with her fishing.
- At 7:49 p.m. a burglary was reported on the 29000 block of North Elbow Lake Drive. Taken were a .23 caliber rifle, a flat screen TV set and a Wii videogame system with games. Entry was apparently gained through a firewood chute.
- At 11:53 p.m. a burglary was reported on the 300 block of Elm Street. The caller said a man in a white T-shirt and baseball hat was in the apartment.
Sunday, Aug. 11
- At 1:32 a.m. a man was arrested at Zorbaz after allegedly trying to steal money from a bartender’s tip jar.
- At 1:35 p.m. sexual misconduct was reported at the city bathhouse at Rossman Avenue and West Lake Drive.
- At 2:12 p.m. police received a report of people jumping off Long Bridge and disturbing the fishing.
- At 4:03 p.m. a person suffered a broken back in a fall at the Hideaway Resort on Island Lake.
- At 8:25 p.m. an assault was reported that occurred two days earlier at the Becker County Jail.
Monday, Aug. 12
- At 8:35 a.m. equipment vandalism was reported at McKinley Avenue and Sherman Street.
- At 9:01 a.m. a break-in to a camper was reported at Forest Hills.
- At 1:25 p.m. a Toyota Camry was found in a shed on Victor Road near Ironman golf course.
- At 1:43 p.m. a gas line leak was reported on the 1100 block of West Avenue.
- At 8:57 p.m. a bear was reported in a residential yard on the 23000 block of County Road 37.
- At 9:12 p.m. possible sexual misconduct was reported in Two Inlets Township.
Wednesday, Aug. 14
- At 10:52 a.m. a case of criminal sexual conduct was reported in rural Audubon.
- At 11:48 a.m. emergency responders responded to a report of a female that was thrown from a horse in West Sugarbush Township and was conscious on the ground but unable to get up.
- At 2:27 p.m. the theft of power cords off conveyor machines was reported at Earnest C. Anderson Gravel in Richwood Township. The reporter said it’s an ongoing problem.
Thursday, Aug. 15
- At 8:36 a.m. the theft of prescription painkillers was reported in Frazee.
- At 12:24 p.m. a domestic assault was reported in Frazee.
- At 1:35 p.m. a resident in south Height of Land Township reported a hungry bear was destroying bird feeders in the yard.
- At 2:16 p.m. a domestic disturbance was reported on the 59000 block of County Road 44.
- At 5:17 p.m. damage to a payloader was reported on Maple Lane in Lakeview Township.
- At 6:11 p.m. possible child maltreatment was reported on the 100 block of Maple in Frazee.
- At 6:21 p.m. a man complained of head pain after falling off a truck on the 3000 block of County Road 54. He was taken to the hospital via private vehicle.
- At 6:33 p.m. the theft of a canopy from a Beach King boat lift was reported on the 2000 block of Wilderness Trail in Detroit Lakes.
- At 9:28 p.m. a domestic disturbance was reported on the 17000 block of 180th Avenue in Audubon.
- At 10:44 p.m. it was reported that a male party was at the emergency room for treatment of injuries suffered in an assault in People Park.
Friday, Aug. 16
- At 7:52 a.m. a resident on the 31000 block of Loon Drive, White Earth, reported that kids broke a window in his house during the night.