Crime and Accident Report
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Tuesday, Sept. 17
- At 3:28 p.m. the theft of a 16-foot aluminum canoe was reported on the 21000 block of County Road 32 in Erie Township.
Saturday, Sept. 21
- At 3:05 p.m. medical personnel responded to a report of a person trampled, kicked and dragged by a horse at Highway 87 and 380th Avenue near Frazee.
Sunday, Sept. 22
- At 5:02 p.m. a motorist reported that a blue Expedition mountain bike was lost after falling out of a vehicle somewhere on County Road 29 or Highway 34.
Monday, Sept. 23
- At 6:05 p.m. two garages were reported burglarized in Lakeview Township. Taken were four Honda Trail 70 mini bikes, a Honda Z50, a mini-chopper, a Troy-Bilt power washer, a Honda engine, two marine batteries, a Bose docking station, an iPod with speakers, and two chargers with batteries for Dewalt power tools. The burglary occurred between Sept. 8 and Sept. 23 on the 24000 block of Woodland Lane.
Friday, Sept. 27
- At 8:52 p.m. a Detroit Lakes woman reported a sexual assault that had occurred the previous week.
Saturday, Sept. 28
- At 9:59 a.m. the theft of copper was reported from a garage on the 300 block of Park Street. There is a suspect in the case.
- At 11:12 a.m. police received a report that tires were slashed on a GMC pickup truck while parked overnight on the 100 block of Oak Grove Avenue.
- At 10:47 a.m. the Detroit County Club reported damage to the golf course caused by a motor vehicle.
- At 2:46 p.m. an accident with possible injuries was reported at the intersection of Highway 34 and Otto Zeck Road east of Detroit Lakes. The State Patrol handled the crash.
Sunday, Sept. 29
- At 8:45 a.m. the theft of a red 2001 Honda generator was reported from a vehicle parked on the 1000 block of Villa Lane.
Tuesday, Oct. 1
- At 7:23 a.m. a maroon Pontiac Grand Prix was reported stolen sometime between 5 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. from Lodge on the Lake.