Crime and Accident Report
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Wednesday, Oct. 16
- At 10:19 a.m. alleged child maltreatment was reported on the 200 block of Roosevelt Avenue.
- At 12:27 p.m. police were called in to assist with an unruly patient at the emergency room.
- At 12:32 p.m. police were called to the Detroit Lakes Public Library to help remove an angry woman in the lobby who was yelling and swearing.
Thursday, Oct. 17
- At 6:40 a.m. a fire was reported with manure smoldering in a pole shed in Riceville Township. Ogema firefighters were on the scene for about two hours.
- At 7:37 a.m. the theft of a gun was reported on the 14000 block of Globstad Beach Road, Cormorant Township. Taken between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. the prior evening was a 12 gauge 26-inch automatic shotgun.
- At 9:12 a.m. a resident on the 300 block of Curry Avenue reported that an eagle lawn decoration had been thrown at a window, breaking both.
Friday, Oct. 18
- At 2:56 a.m. a fire in a vacant house was reported on the 17000 block of 427th Avenue in Toad Lake Township. Wolf Lake firefighters were on the scene for about four hours.
- At 10:35 a.m. the theft of a white 2002 Chrysler Sebring was reported from a residence in Detroit Lakes.
- At 12:02 p.m. the theft of items from a garage was reported on the 300 block of Oak Street.
Sunday, Oct. 20
- At 12:18 p.m. alleged child maltreatment was reported on Front Street. A man was reportedly in the yard with a young child “pulling him around like a rag doll,” before leaving in a car.
- At 8:06 p.m. the theft of a battery from a car was reported at Bleachers.
- At 9:12 p.m. a chimney fire was reported on the 200 block of East Island Lake Road. Carsonville firefighters were on the scene for about an hour.
Monday, Oct. 21
- At 9:16 a.m. a fire was reported on the 500 block of Second St. W. in Frazee. Firefighters were on the scene for about an hour.