Crime and Accidents
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Friday, March 29
- At 9:46 a.m. a safe was found in a ditch on 455th Avenue off Highway 34 in Shell Lake Township. A number of empty money bags were found in the north and south ditches.
- At 12:47 p.m. the alleged theft of lottery tickets by an employee was reported by Orton’s in Audubon.
- At 3:51 p.m. a domestic disturbance was reported at the Audubon mobile home park.
- At 3:54 p.m. a resident on Mountain Road reported that three or four teens starts pamphlets on fire and put them in the mailbox.
Saturday, March 30
- At 9:23 a.m. a two-car accident was reported near the Circle of Life school in White Earth. There were no serious injuries.
- At 8:49 p.m. the State Patrol reported that a blue van with some type of strobe light on the dashboard had made several cars pull over on Highway 10 eastbound. The van was last seen southbound on Highway 59. Law enforcement was unable to locate it.
Sunday, March 31
- At 12:45 p.m. a mailbox and red 15-gallon barrel were stolen overnight on the 15000 block of 330th Avenue in Burlington Township.
- At 7:36 p.m. a burglary was reported on the 2300 block of Mill Pond Drive in Lakeview Township. The residence was gone through and checkbooks were taken. There is a suspect in the case.
- At 9:10 p.m. a domestic dispute was reported on the 1100 block of West River Road.
Monday, April 1
- At 7:27 a.m. an attempted break-in was reported on the 900 block of Highway 10, Lake Park. The front door was damaged.
- At 9:05 a.m. a shed break-in was reported in Riceville Township.
- At 8:46 a.m. a car radio was reported stolen overnight on the 37000 block of County Road 158 in Maple Grove Township.
Wednesday, April 3
- At 1:10 a.m. a burglary was reported at a Green Valley Township residence on the 58000 block of Little Long Lake Road. Taken was an Acer laptop computer, night vision binoculars from the residence, and an OBD car scanner from a vehicle parked outside.
- At 12:32 p.m. alleged child maltreatment was reported on Highway 59 North.
- At 2:14 p.m. alleged child maltreatment was reported on the 900 block of Willow Street.
- At 6:06 p.m. several storage units were broken into at County Road 1 and Hillside Road. Taken were a Big Buddy portable heater, two Markham underwater fish cameras, a dark blue plastic tote of fishing tackle and a cardboard box with original parts for a 1976 Corvette.
- At 7:17 p.m. the theft of a .22 caliber Colt revolver and a .44 magnum Blackhawk revolver was reported from a Richwood Township residence on the 26000 block of 276th street.
Thursday, April 4
- At 7:30 a.m an assault was reported by a woman at the emergency room in Detroit Lakes.
- At 9:55 a.m. a resident on the 800 block of Shorewood Drive reported the mailbox had been ripped off its post.
- At 10:23 a.m. a purse was found in the ditch on Cheryl Avenue.
- At 11:49 p.m. the theft of a white Ford Taurus was reported in Lake Park. The theft occurred between 6:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Town Avenue.
Friday, April 5
- At 5:10 a.m an upside down vehicle was reported on 29000 block of 210th Avenue in Riceville Township. There was nobody at the scene.