Crime and Accidents
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Friday, May 17
- At 10:18 a.m. police received a report that a Dell State Bank envelope containing $1,700 in cash had been lost at Walmart.
- At 2:20 p.m. a 1-speed trick bike was reported stolen near Hartman’s Hide and Fur.
- At 3:31 p.m. a 1996 Suburban was reportedly scratched all over the driver’s side on the 300 block of Park Lake Boulevard.
- At 6:58 p.m. the theft of a 4-foot by 16-foot section of aluminum dock was reported in Detroit Lakes.
- At 8:54 p.m. two 550-pound black heifers were reported missing from the 33000 block of 400th Avenue S.E.
Saturday, May 18
- At 9:59 a.m. the theft of a pearl white 2006 Cadillac was reported on the 1100 block of Jackson Avenue. A fence was cut to steal the car.
- At 2:57 p.m. a burglary was reported in Green Valley Township. Windows were broken and the garage and cabin were badly damaged. The owners haven’t been there for 18 months.
- At 5:19 p.m. a Lake Park woman reported she woke up to find a strange man in her bedroom. She ran to a neighbor’s house on the 6000 block of Sixth Street for help.
- At 6:43 p.m. water was reported flowing out of a vacant foreclosed house on the 1500 block of Lynn Avenue.
- At 7:58 p.m. an assault was reported on the 5000 block of Fifth Street in Lake Park. A man punched another man, cutting his nose.
Sunday, May 19
- At 3:02 a.m. a man reported he was assaulted at a party on the 3400 block of Highway 34 in Erie Township.
- At 11:25 a.m. a dark blue 2004 Dodge caravan was reported stolen from a residence in Detroit Lakes. The keys were not left in the car, but the owners reported that an intoxicated woman had been found in their house about 4:45 a.m., and after she was shown out, a set of keys was discovered missing.
- At 2:27 p.m. the theft of four 4-foot by 10-foot aluminum dock sections was reported in Lakeview Township, taken over the winter.
- At 8:27 p.m. sexual misconduct was reported on the 1000 block of Washington Avenue. Evidence was taken by police.
Monday, May 20
- At 7 a.m. a theft from a motor vehicle was reported on the 1400 block of Corbett Road.
- At 4:18 p.m. the theft of a 6-foot by 10-foot black trailer with metal sides and a plank floor was reported on Turtle Lake Road in Cormorant Township.
- At 7:59 p.m. the theft of a 1994 Honda Accord was reported on the 100 block of Roosevelt Avenue.
Friday, May 24
- At 11:19 a.m. a case of child maltreatment was reported on the 1100 block of Highway 59 south.
- At 5:04 p.m. the theft of a cellphone and ID was reported by a woman on the 300 block of 11th Avenue.
- At 1:39 p.m. an attempted break-in was reported at a residence on the 32000 block of Sugar Bush Township.
- At 5:32 p.m. an assault was reported at Dunton Locks. The 20-year-old man drove into a ditch trying to escape from the three assailants, one of whom he knew. A family member took him to the emergency room.
- At 9:38 p.m. a female reported being assaulted by her mother on the 38000 block of Highway 34 in south Height of Lane Township.
Saturday, May 25
- At 12:37 p.m. the theft of a 5-foot saw was reported on the 14000 block of Birch Point in Cormorant Township.
- At 1:43 p.m. the theft of a purse from a van was reported on the 1000 block of Washington Avenue.
- At 6:57 p.m. the theft of an aluminum dock section was reported on the 13000 block of West Lake Sallie Drive, taken sometime over the winter.
- At 2:40 p.m. an altercation was reported in front of Lakeside Tavern.
- At 11:27 p.m. a fight was reported at the Frazee Liquor Store.
Sunday, May 26
- At 1:33 p.m. the theft of an employee’s purse was reported at America’s Best Value Inn.
- At 3:31 p.m. a theft from a motor vehicle was reported in Detroit lakes.
- At 3:32 p.m. a theft was reported on the 1600 block of East Shore Drive.
- At 4:38 p.m. the theft of money was reported on the 1100 block of Summit Avenue.
Tuesday, May 28
- At 8:16 a.m. the theft of about a cord of wood was reported at Arbor Lane off Cozy Cove Road, sometime in the last two weeks.
- At 3:08 p.m. a Pine Point woman reported she came home to the 24000 block of County Road 129 after being gone three days to find her house trashed and a number of things stolen.