Crime and Accidents
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Wednesday, July 3
- At 6:57 p.m. a woman reported that car windows were broken out by a known man on the 25000 block of Blackduck trail.
- At 8:13 p.m. an assault involving a man and woman fighting was reported on the 500 block of E. Main Avenue in Frazee.
Thursday, July 4
- At 10:29 a.m. A boathouse break-in was reported at the Christian retreat on Victory Way Drive in Maple Grove Township. Taken was a cash box, a blue paddleboat, pop, candy and ice cream bars.
- At 5:17 p.m. the rear window of a car was reported broken out on the 25000 block of Bear Clan Drive.
- At 5:40 p.m. an accident involving a car and an ATV on the 15000 block of County Road 1 left one person complaining of pain in his ribs and extremities.
- At 8:45 p.m. an assault involving two people was reported on the beach near the Pavilion.
Friday, July 5
- At 12:33 a.m. two people were arrested following a fight near the Pavilion.
- At 12:39 a.m. police responded to the Pine to Palm Motel, where a man was reportedly fighting with the owner.
- At 1:20 a.m. a woman reported an assault at the Holiday Inn bar.
- At 1:35 a.m. a fight involving a group of people was reported in the parking area north of the Pavilion.
- At 1:41 a.m. the owner of a green Pathfinder reported that it had been punched and damaged while parked near the bandshell in City Park.
- At 3:19 a.m. vandalism was reported at the Holiday gas station.
- At 4:06 a.m. a domestic assault was reported at the Legion campground.
- At 5 a.m. a person was reported lying in a traffic lane at the intersection of Highway 34 and Washington Avenue North.
- At 9:46 a.m. a burglary was reported on the 1000 block of Lake Avenue.
- At 12:26 p.m. a resident on Forest Street reported the theft of front and back license plates from a vehicle overnight.
- At 2:27 p.m. the theft of a back “DC” cinch bag containing two disc golf discs, a wallet and shorts was reported at City Park.
- At 2:50 p.m. police received a report that three young girls were chasing a train on the Canadian Pacific tracks and trying to touch it.
- At 3:46 p.m. the theft of a gold ring with four green stones and one clear stone was reported from the BNSF depot. The ring had been sold to a local retailer.
- At 3:50 a.m. a car was reported burning in the woods near the Catholic church in Pine Point. The gold-colored vehicle had been stolen from a residence in the Old Projects area of Pine Point.
- At 5:13 a.m. a house fire was reported on the 16000 block of Forget Me Not Lane in Lake Park. The house was fully engulfed in flames when Lake Park firefighters arrived. They spent almost five hours on the scene.