Crime and Accidents
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Monday, Aug. 17
- At 10:56 a.m. a medical crew responded to a person who had been bucked off a horse on Highway 10 near Acorn Lake in Burlington Township.
- At 5:14 p.m. a medical crew responded to a person suffering a possible heroin overdose on Highway 113 in Eagle View Township. No ambulance transport was required.
- At 5:26 p.m. JCPenney reported that a woman ran out the back door with a bag of stolen items.
- At 7:04 p.m. a dumpster fire was reported at the Pavilion after someone dumped in a load of hot coals.
Sunday, Aug. 18
- At 2:56 a.m. an assault was reported on the 300 block of 11th Avenue in Detroit Lakes.
- At 4:21 a.m. four tires were stolen from Andy’s Lube and Tire in Frazee. The theft was captured on video.
- At 10:36 a.m. the theft of two cans of gas off a boat trailered in the street was reported in Detroit Lakes.
- At 11:50 a.m. fire was reported in a wooded area on the 29000 block of McHugh Road in Burlingtown Township. Frazee firefighters were on the scene for about an hour.
- At 1:35 p.m. the theft of a wake board was reported on the 14000 block of Globstad Beach Road in Cormorant Township.
- At 4:06 p.m. 10-20 Forum and Star Tribune newspapers were reported stolen from Frazee Family Foods.
- At 9:34 p.m. the theft of a white minivan was reported on the 400 block of West Lake Drive.
Monday, Aug. 19
- At 1:14 a.m. a motorcycle was reported vandalized at Zorbaz. The mirrors were torn off.
- At 8:25 a.m. a theft from a motor vehicle was reported in Detroit Lakes. An MP3 player, cord and keys were taken.
- At 8:34 a.m. alleged child maltreatment was reported on the 1300 block of Pelican Lane.
- At 9:20 a.m. a woman reported that her purse was taken after she left it in a cart at the Boys and Girls Club thrift store. Someone tried to use her debit card at a Fargo ATM.
- At 9:36 a.m. a debit card was reported lost at Walmart and charges were made by whoever found it.
- At 9:38 a.m. a man reported he found a bow in the back of his truck on the 13000 block of Redman Beach Road, Middle Cormorant Lake.
- At 11:05 a.m. a theft from a motor vehicle was reported on the 500 block of Curry Avenue. Taken were a radio receiver/CD player and MP3 player. The glove box was also searched.
- At 12:10 p.m. vandalism was reported at the warming house at Peoples Park — several outdoor lights were damaged.
- At 12:34 p.m. theft from a motor vehicle was reported on the 1100 block of West River Road. A set of 7-inch Sony DVD players and cords were taken from a 2002 Dodge Neon.
- At 12:41 p.m. a piece of cement was thrown though a house window on the 600 block of Second Street in Frazee. It was just one of a half-dozen similar acts of vandalism in Frazee. Frazee police caught the young people believed to be involved.
- At 1:11 p.m. theft from a motor vehicle was reported on the 200 block of 11th Avenue. A 1993 Lincoln Continental was rummaged through and keys were stolen.
- At 5:38 p.m. the theft of a red 6-gallon gas can from a boat was reported on the 12000 block of County Road 5.
- At 9:07 p.m. vandalism was reported at City Park in Detroit lakes. As a vehicle was trying to drive through a group of young people, one boy threw a rock, hitting the window.
- At 11:30 p.m. an assault was reported on Rossman Avenue involving several people.
Friday, Aug. 23
- At 12:33 p.m. The City of Detroit Lakes granted permission to goose hunt on city property in a field between North Tower Road and Stony Road, north of the compost site.
- At 11:09 p.m. a noise complaint was registered by a neighbor of Zorbaz.
- At 2:26 p.m. a picnic table at Riverside Park in Frazee was damaged by vandalism.
- At 4:27 p.m. Carsonville firefighters responded to a grass fire started by kids behind the Pine Point School. They were on the scene about 20 minutes.
- At 5:11 p.m. an assault was reported on the 25000 block of Bear Clan Drive. A man suffered a hip injury.
- At 10:02 p.m. St. Joseph’s Hospital in Park Rapids reported that a 23-year-old man was injured in an ATV accident in the Two Inlets area.
Saturday, Aug. 24
- At 12:06 a.m. an employee at the Frazee liquor store reported that a man suffered head injuries after two juveniles hit him with golf clubs. The man refused to go to the hospital.
- At 6:30 a.m. a man in Lake Eunice Township requested an ambulance for a possible broken arm.
- At 9:30 a.m. the theft of a grey and black 2006 Polaris Sportsman 500E ATV was reported from the 1100 block of County Road 8, Lake Park.
- At 11:33 a.m. a cash register was found on the city beach in Detroit Lakes.
- At 11:49 a.m. ER staff reported that a man left the hospital heading west wearing only boxers and a black t-shirt.
- At 1:43 p.m. St. Joseph’s Hospital in Park Rapids reported two 20-year-old women were injured in an ATV accident in the Wolf Lake trails area. One suffered a possible broken leg and one injured a wrist. The ATV tipped in a washed out ditch. They were going 5-10 mph. No alcohol was involved. There were no citations issued. They were riding on private property owned by a friend. Both were treated and released at the hospital.
- At 4:43 p.m. Elbow Lake-Tulaby firefighters responded to a fire near a building on the 2800 block of Highway 113 on the west side of Tulaby Lake. They were on the scene for about 75 minutes.
- At 6:47 p.m. a deck boat was reported stranded on the little island between Big Detroit and Little Detroit lakes.
- At 7:30 p.m. several medical crews responded to a child that had a reaction to a bee sting in Osage.
Sunday, Aug. 25
- At 2:28 a.m. a man bleeding from an arm injury after punching out a window at the Pavilion was located at Sanford clinic. The injury had left a large trail of blood.
- At 10:19 a.m. the theft of a motor vehicle was reported by Hanson Auto Sales.
- At 11 a.m. a cabin burglary was reported on the east side of Shell Lake. A window was broken to gain entrance. Knives were stolen.
- At 11:56 a.m. a theft from a motor vehicle was reported on the 1200 block of Lake Avenue. Taken were a laptop computer, two hard drives and lights for disc jockey work.
- At 2:46 p.m. about 135 gallons of fuel were siphoned from two semi truck tanks on the 24000 block of County Road 48, Osage Township.
- At 7:07 p.m. an air compressor was stolen from a shed on the 10700 block of Ida View Lane, Cormorant Township.
Monday, Aug. 26
- At 11:47 a.m. a man found a wallet and purse in his red pickup truck.
- At 1:25 p.m. a Pine Point resident reported being gone a few days and returning to find their house on 284th Street heavily vandalized, with holes in the walls and other damage. A sword and other items were taken.
- At 1:59 p.m. Schultz bus garage reported 100 gallons of gas had been siphoned out of a truck.
- At 8:02 p.m. Frazee firefighters responded to a tree on fire on the 24000 block of Highway 87 in Burlington Township. They were on the scene for a little over an hour.
- At 9:33 p.m. a Detroit Lakes resident reported being shot in the hand with a BB gun.
Wednesday, Aug. 28
- At 1:09 a.m. police received a report that a man wearing a Vikings jersey was passed out on the sidewalk between the Northside bar and Mellow Moods.
- At 3:32 a.m. police received a report that a heavy-set man was trying to get into vehicles on the 900 block of Summit Avenue.
Thursday, Aug. 29
- At 4:23 p.m. an electrical fire was reported on the 24000 block of North Melissa Drive. Detroit Lakes firefighters were on the scene for about 25 minutes.
Friday, Aug. 30
- At 9:05 a.m. a break-in was reported on St. Mary’s Road in Lake Eunice Township. A number of tools were taken from the grey steel Quonset building. A red Ford pickup was left in drive.