Detroit Lakes firefighters respond to attic fire on Lake Avenue Friday
A house on the 1100 block of Lake Avenue in Detroit Lakes sustained moderate damage from an electrical fire late Friday evening.
A renter in the house at 1145 Lake Ave. called the Detroit Lakes Fire Department after a circuit breaker popped and she smelled smoke, according to DL Fire Chief Dave Baer.
"An overloaded circuit in a wall receptacle backed its way down to a wiring harness and started a fire in the attic upstairs," Baer said.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at email@example.com and we can help you.