Weather Forecast


Detroit Lakes firefighters respond to attic fire on Lake Avenue Friday

Email News Alerts

A house on the 1100 block of Lake Avenue in Detroit Lakes sustained moderate damage from an electrical fire late Friday evening.

A renter in the house at 1145 Lake Ave. called the Detroit Lakes Fire Department after a circuit breaker popped and she smelled smoke, according to DL Fire Chief Dave Baer.


"An overloaded circuit in a wall receptacle backed its way down to a wiring harness and started a fire in the attic upstairs," Baer said.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet?

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at and we can help you.