Do-It-Yourself: Make your own sidewalk paint
Eventually we’ll see spring and summer. Hopefully.
When those days come, here’s a way to make your own sidewalk paint for a weekend afternoon of fun with the kiddos.
What you’ll need:
- food coloring
- ice cube trays or muffin tins
- 1½ cups cornstarch
- 1½ cups water
- Paint brushes
- Mix cornstarch and water in a bowl.
- Pour equal amounts in ice tray or muffin tin.
- Add 3 drops of food coloring to each slot. (If you’re limited with colors, have fun with mixing to create new ones.)
- Stir well, the cornstarch will settle to the bottom.
- Paint away
Make sure your kids are wearing old clothes to avoid food coloring stains. You can increase measurements based on your paint containers; ensure cornstarch and water amounts are equal.
Article written by Melinda Lavine of the Forum News Service