Don't forget Detroit Lakes' ParkFest Tuesday
Plans have been made and are ready to be carried out Tuesday.
The community picnic, dubbed ParkFest, is set to kick off at 1 p.m. A schedule of events include:
- 1-7 p.m. -- Exhibits in the Pavilion.
- 1 p.m. -- Choir performance by Lake Park-Audubon fifth and sixth graders.
- 2 p.m. -- "Save the Earth" play by Detroit Lakes Holy Rosary students.
- 4-6 p.m. -- Yard games for all ages; music by Andy Karg and Kathryn Knuttila; Big Truck Hoot and Toot.
- 5 p.m. -- Program (on Pavilion stage): Presentation of the colors by the Boy Scouts, National Anthem, Welcome by Mayor Matt Brenk, Prayer by St. Mary's Chaplain.
- 5:15 p.m. -- Free picnic served by the Breakfast Rotary, Noon Rotary and Kiwanis clubs.
- 6:30 p.m. -- Free mini-concert by a cappella group InPulse.
- 7 p.m. -- Exhibits close, Mosaic Window silent auction ends.
The event is free and open to everyone.