Weather Forecast

Smoke pours out of the front door of a home at 806 South St. in Park Rapids. An early morning fire caused extensive damage to the home's interior. (Sarah Smith/Enterprise)

Early morning fire causes extensive damage to Park Rapids home

Email News Alerts

PARK RAPIDS - Ginny Christianson was on her way to work early Tuesday when she passed by her neighbor's house. She smelled a strong odor of burning wood.


Trouble was, Reenie Hensel didn't have a wood stove.

"I panicked," Ginny said. "I drove all the way to Terry's house to dial 911." Terry Collette, Ginny's co-worker, lives downtown in Park Rapids.

Reenie's home was on fire.

Within minutes fire crews were on the scene. Smoke was billowing out the roof.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet?

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at and we can help you.