Fire destroys corn dryer at Kragnes Farmer's Elevator
KRAGNES, Minn. - A fire this morning has destroyed a corn dryer at the Kragnes Farmers Elevator.
The Dilworth Fire Department responded to the fire shortly before 10 a.m. and spent about an hour putting it out. Fire Chief Kurt Kennedy said the fire started near the burners and was likely caused by chaff that had built up.
The fire crew had to cut away metal panels to get to all the burned corn. Kennedy said the dryer was totaled. He didn't know what the cost of the damage would be.