Firefighters extinguish house fire in Park Rapids
PARK RAPIDS -- Firefighters raced up the roof of a house on Discovery Circle in Park Rapids on Tuesday morning to douse a chimney fire that threatened to engulf the home.
"We had a fire in the fireplace last night but everything was OK," said homeowner Sherri Lockrem.
"Then I noticed a smoky smell this morning near the aquarium."
Firefighters were called before 11 a.m.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.