Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Firefighters save Toad Lake home

Firefighters were able to save a house from being consumed by fire Thursday morning in the Toad Lake area.

Wolf Lake Fire Chief Dale Hilluka told KDLM News that when firefighters arrived, he thought the house would be lost because it was half-covered in flames.

But acting quickly, crews knocked down the fire despite the windy conditions.

Hilluka says the fire started in some straw the homeowner had placed around the house for insulation.

It had dried out from the wind and an ember from a corn burner chimney had fallen onto the straw, sparking the fire. No one was injured.

Crews from Wolf Lake, Frazee and Carsonville were on the scene for two and a half hours. The house sustained minor fire and smoke damage.

Advertisement
randomness