Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Frozen pipes lead to house fire in Audubon

Email News Alerts

AUDUBON -- A house fire in Audubon was reported at 12:35 p.m. Wednesday.

The fire on East Hawk Street was confined to the exterior of the doublewide mobile home, and was caused by residents thawing out frozen pipes underneath, according to Audubon Fire Chief Darcy Savig.

Advertisement

"They were heating up water pipes with a kerosene heater," he said. "Anything with an open flame is not a good idea with water pipes..."

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness