Glyndon man accused of threatening to kill another man in front of the man's children
GLYNDON, Minn. – Raul Gonzalez Jr. faces criminal charges after police allege he went to another man’s home here and threatened to kill him in front of the man’s young children because Gonzalez believed the man was sleeping with his girlfriend.
After making the threat, Gonzalez, 28, of Glyndon, allegedly stole the other man’s weed whacker.
Gonzalez was charged Thursday in Clay County District Court with one count of first-degree burglary, one count of terroristic threats, both felonies, and one count of theft, a misdemeanor.
According to documents filed with the case against Gonzalez:
- A woman went to the Glyndon Police Department about 6:30 p.m. Aug. 25, and said a man was trying to break into her house on Lund Avenue while someone she said was her boyfriend and two young children were inside.
- Glyndon police officer Jason Lien went to the home, where the screen door was forced open. A man who answered the door said he was the homeowner, and that the other man had left.
- The homeowner, who is not named in the report, told Lien that Gonzalez had started texting him accusing him of sleeping with Gonzalez’s girlfriend, and then asked him to come outside.
- The homeowner told Lien that Gonzalez, who was outside the home with Gonzalez’s cousin, came onto the enclosed back porch of the house while holding a beer and started kicking the main door trying to break it down.
- The homeowner’s two young children were crying in the next room, and Gonzalez yelled, “I’m going to kill you. I’m going to drag you out in front of your kids.”
- Gonzalez and the other man then left, taking the homeowner’s weed whacker.
Gonzalez was arrested and his bail was set at $10,000. His next court appearance is set for Sept. 13.
Emily Welker | Forum News Service
Follow @DLNewspapers on Twitter