Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Hitterdal 1-year-old leaves intensive care unit

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
news Detroit Lakes, 56501
Detroit Lakes Minnesota 511 Washington Avenue 56501

FARGO – A 1-year-old Hitterdal, Minn., boy who ate a laundry detergent pod left the pediatric intensive care unit at Sanford Hospital here on Monday.

Advertisement
Advertisement

According to Alex Rohde’s Caring Bridge website, the boy was doing “much better” on Monday.

“He is currently being moved out of PICU and into a peds room,” his family wrote around noon on Monday.

Rohde still had a slight fever on Monday, but his family wrote on Caring Bridge that doctors said the boy could go home in a few days if he continues to show improvement.

Rhode was flown to the Fargo hospital after swallowing a Tide pod on Sept. 28.

Information about Rohde can be found online at www.caringbridge.org/visit/alexanderrohde

Advertisement
Detroit Lakes Online (218) 847-9409 customer support
The Forum Communications News Service is the premier news wire service covering the Upper Midwest, stretching from the oilfields of western North Dakota to the plains of South Dakota and to the shores of eastern Minnesota. For more information about the services we offer or to discuss content subscriptions, please contact us.
Advertisement
Advertisement