Weather Forecast


Hitterdal 1-year-old who swallowed laundry packet slowly improving

Email News Alerts

FARGO – The 1-year-old Hitterdal, Minn., boy still hospitalized after swallowing part of a laundry detergent packet last week is slowly getting better, family members said Thursday.


Alexander Rohde is listed in “critical but improving” condition at Sanford Children’s Hospital in Fargo, where he’s been since the accident Saturday.

His mother, Michelle Klienschmidt, said Alexander is still on a ventilator, but doctors hope to remove it soon.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet?

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at and we can help you.

Forum News Service
The Forum Communications News Service is the premier news wire service covering the Upper Midwest, stretching from the oilfields of western North Dakota to the plains of South Dakota and to the shores of eastern Minnesota. For more information about the services we offer or to discuss content subscriptions, please contact us.