Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
One-year-old Alex Rohde’s family (from left), aunt Angie Eggert, mom Michelle Klienschmidt and grandma Cindy Hieb, talk about Alex’s condition at Sanford Hospital in downtown Fargo, N.D. on Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2013. CARRIE SNYDERS/FORUM NEWS SERVICE

Hitterdal child falls ill after chewing on single-load detergent packet

Email News Alerts

Updated 10-02-2013 (11:36 am)

FARGO – A 1-year-old Hitterdal, Minn., boy is being treated at Sanford Children’s Hospital in Fargo after chewing on a laundry detergent packet that his family believes had insufficient packaging to protect children.

Advertisement

Alexander Rohde remained in the hospital’s Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Tuesday, where he had been since Saturday, the day he chewed on a Tide Pod, a small, individual detergent packet.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

Advertisement
Forum News Service
The Forum Communications News Service is the premier news wire service covering the Upper Midwest, stretching from the oilfields of western North Dakota to the plains of South Dakota and to the shores of eastern Minnesota. For more information about the services we offer or to discuss content subscriptions, please contact us.
Advertisement
randomness