Library has variety of programming this summer
The Detroit Lakes Public Library cordially invites area kids, teens and families to Dig Into Reading this summer at the library. Check out their full schedule of events for all ages.
- Through Aug. 2 — Sizzlin’ Summer Reads Adult Reading Program. Join them for the 2013 Sizzlin’ Summer Reads Adult Reading program. Program runs from June 3-Aug. 2. To be eligible for the prize drawings, read or listen to four books, fill out the reading log, and place it in the entry box. Entries may also be emailed to the library. There is no limit to the number of entries any person can make. This event is for adults 18 and older.
- Tuesday, June 18, at 10:30 a.m. — eReader Help. Schedule a one-on-one appointment to address your eReader questions.
- Tuesday, June 18, 3 p.m. — Library Book Club. Discuss “Orphan Train” by Christina Baker Kline.
- Wednesday, June 19, 4:30 p.m. — eReader Help. Schedule a one-on-one appointment to address your eReader questions.
- Wednesday, June 19, 6:30 p.m. — Christian Book Club. Discuss “One Tuesday Morning” by Karen Kingsbury.
- Thursday, June 20, 10:30 a.m. — Storytime. Preschool Storytime with theme related stories, fingerplays and a simple craft.
- Thursday, June 20, 2 p.m. — Summer Reading Program: Concordia Science Academy. A Summer Reading Program for kids: Join Dr. Wyllie for his favorite experiments that are weird, gross, colorful, and just plain awesome.
- Saturday, June 22, 10:30 a.m. — Storytime. Preschool Storytime with theme related stories, fingerplays and a simple craft.
For more information on this and other programs, visit www.larl.org or call Detroit Lakes Public Library at 218-847-2168.
Visit your library at 1000 Washington Ave. Detroit Lakes Public Library is a branch of Lake Agassiz Regional Library.