Library’s summer events
Detroit Lakes Public Library cordially invites area kids, teens and families to Dig Into Reading this summer at the library. Check out their full schedule of events for all ages.
- June 3-Aug. 2 — Sizzlin’ Summer Reads Adult Reading Program. Join them for the 2013 Sizzlin’ Summer Reads Adult Reading program. To be eligible for the prize drawings, read or listen to four books, fill out the reading log, and place it in the entry box. Entries may also be emailed to the library. There is no limit to the number of entries any person can make. This event is for adults 18 and older.
- Tuesday, June 4, at 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday, June 5, at 4:30 p.m. — eReader Help. Schedule a one-on-one appointment to address your eReader questions.
- Wednesday, June 5, at 3:45 p.m. — Teen Book Discussion/Smoothie Bar. Teens can enjoy a smoothie bar and discuss “Star Girl” by Jerry Spinelli
- Wednesday, June 5, at 6:30 p.m. — Bicycle Maintenance with Jeffrey James Caswell. Come get some tips on getting your bike road ready for the upcoming bike riding season. Learn from an expert. Limit: 12 people. Call, email or stop by the library to register.
- Thursday, June 6, at 2 p.m. — Summer Reading Program: Digging for Veggies. A Summer Reading Program for kids: Get the scoop on gardens with Extension nutritionist Tracy Baker There will be hands on activities and door prizes.
For more information on these and other programs, visit www.larl.org or call Detroit Lakes Public Library at 218-847-2168.