LRAC awards $17,660 in art grants
The Lake Region Arts Council, Fergus Fall, announces the results of the Fall Project Grant Round.
About $17,660 was awarded to eight art projects to be held throughout the LRAC nine county region. From music from South America and Ireland to theatre for elementary students to college students, there is something exciting for everyone.
- Brown Valley Public School — $2,370, Traverse County to host a one week artist residency with Prairie Fire Children’s Theatre to present “Aladdin.”
- Alexandria Public School — $2,230, Douglas County to host a one week artist residency with “los Llaneros,” a South American music ensemble.
- Historical and Cultural Society of Clay County — $3,000, Clay County to sponsor the author Mary Ann Kirby to present at the 2014 German Culture Day Festival.
- West Central Area School — $1,860, Grant County to host a two week artist residency with “Skilly and Duff,” an Irish Trio working with 7-12 grade choirs.
- The New Rivers Press — $1,350, Clay County to host a celebration of the literary arts with a “Birthday Bash” featuring readings by authors and performances by musicians.
- New York Mills Cultural Center — $2,050, Otter Tail County to host a “Day of the Dead” celebration with an exhibit and public concert.
- University of Minnesota, Morris, English Discipline — $3,000, Stevens County to sponsor two authors, Matt Hart and Rachel Hanel, at the Prairie Gate Literary Festival 2014 with readings and workshops.
- Concordia College Communication Studies and Theatre — $1,800, Clay County to host a public workshop with playwright, David MacGregor, on writing and beginning directing.
Twice a year, LRAC awards Project Grants. The next LRAC Project Grant will award $27,748 at the LRAC Spring Project Grant Review on March 18. The deadline for the grant application is midnight, Tuesday, Feb. 4. For more info, visit LRAC4.org.
There will be a Project Grant Writing workshop on Wednesday, Dec. 11 from 4 to 6 p.m. in the LRAC office in Fergus Falls. The workshop is free and registration is available at http://www.lrac4.org/services/workshops.asp.