The Detroit Lakes campus of Minnesota State Community and Technical College has scheduled three innovative business courses in a flexible format designed for working professionals.
In addition, the college is offering a three-night dynamic training session based on the best-selling Steven Covey book, “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.”
The three business courses are being offered by M State’s Business & Entrepreneurial Services program, located on the Detroit Lakes campus, and will be taught by Bryan Christensen, the BES interim director and an M State marketing instructor.
Participants will have the option of attending the courses on campus, online during the course sessions or online at a later time through class archives.
The courses are:
- Advertising and Promotion (MKTG 1116) focuses on the role of promotion within an organization’s marketing plan and the influence of advertising trends on an organization’s promotional strategy.
- The course is from 6-8:50 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays from March 20-May 8. Cost is $549, and college credit is awarded.
- Professional Selling (MKTG 1106) focuses on fundamental approaches that can be used as a foundation for building sales.
- Class times are 4-6:50 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays from March 21-May 9. Cost is $549, and college credit is awarded.
- Direct Sales is a non-credit course which provides a comprehensive introduction to direct selling, including one-on-one selling, presentation selling and creating win/win negotiations.
- The class meets from 6-8:50 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Cost is $395, including materials.
The “7 Habits” training program is based on the best-selling business book of all time and focused on developing personal and professional effectiveness.
The workshop is offered on the Detroit Lakes campus only from 5-8:50 p.m. Tuesdays, April 9-30. The instructor will be Pam Cummings. For more information, contact Nicole at 218-844-5420. The cost of the “7 Habits” training is $495.
As a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, M State serves more than 9,200 students in credit courses each year in more than 120 career and liberal arts programs at its four campuses in Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Moorhead and Wadena, and through eCampus. By partnering with communities, the college also provides custom training services and other responsive training programs.