M State to host 10th anniversary open house
Minnesota State Community and Technical College invites prospective students, parents and community members to visit its Detroit Lakes campus during an open house from 4-8 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 29.
At the open house, visitors will be able to
- Learn about college admission and registration
- Apply to M State
- View college program showcases
- Receive information on financial aid, scholarships and veterans services
- Talk with instructors, student services staff and current students
- Watch M State’s new high-tech vBod remote presence devices in action
- Visit an eCampus Internet café with coffee and pastries
- Tour classrooms and facilities
- Enjoy refreshments and giveaways
- Enter a drawing for an iPad Mini
Prospective students who apply and get preliminary acceptance to M State during the open house will receive a $50 gift certificate redeemable at any M State bookstore once they are enrolled in classes.
Students interested in applying should bring transcripts from their high school and any other colleges they have attended and the $20 application fee.
During the open house, the Detroit Lakes campus will also be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the merger that created Minnesota State Community and Technical College in 2003. There will be refreshments, an M State choral performance and comments from M State President Peggy Kennedy at 4:30 p.m.
M State now serves more than 9,000 students each year and is the largest Minnesota State Colleges and Universities institution in Greater Minnesota.
For more information about the open house and M State registration, contact the college’s Solution Center at 877-450-3322.