Man escapes early-morning blaze: Fire destroys DL home | Detroit Lakes Online

Weather Forecast

A WOOD STOVE in the basement is the suspected cause of the fire that gutted this house on West Avenue in DL.

man escapes early-morning blaze: Fire destroys DL home

Email News Alerts

An early morning fire destroyed the home of an 86-year-old Detroit Lakes man Tuesday.

The fire is believed to have started in the basement of the house at 820 West Avenue, possibly from a wood-burning stove, according to Detroit Lakes Fire Chief Dave Baer.


Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet?

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at and we can help you.