Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Minnesota man electrocuted by extension cord

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
News Detroit Lakes,Minnesota 56501 http://www.dl-online.com/sites/all/themes/dlonline_theme/images/social_default_image.png
Detroit Lakes Online
(218) 847-9409 customer support
Minnesota man electrocuted by extension cord
Detroit Lakes Minnesota 511 Washington Avenue 56501

WILLMAR, Minn. -- An Eagle Lake man was electrocuted Sunday evening while working on a boat lift at his home.

According to the Kandiyohi County Sheriff's Department, Brian Van Engen, 56, was moving his boat lift when it came into contact with an extension cord that had been rubbed bare of insulation. The cord had been used to supply power to the electric boat lift.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Van Engen went under the water and a neighbor unplugged the extension cord and pulled him from the water. He was transported him to Rice Memorial Hospital in Willmar, where he was pronounced dead.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement